38

Mallory and Stefan ended up dropping the bomb on Damon about the sire bond, but the latter was quick to complain that it wasn't true. However, after a trip to New Orleans, where they found proof of another woman Damon had turned suffering the sire bond, it was all proven to be true.

They found out there wasn't even a spell to break it. A vampire bonded to her sire if she had feelings for him before being turned. Being a vampire only heightened emotions.

Once returning to Mystic Falls, it wasn't long before the town was having yet another event. It was called the Winter Wonderland, which Mallory couldn't help but find dull.

Mallory was standing amongst the crowd in front of Tyler, who ended up telling her that that night, he and the hybrids were planning to take down Klaus.

"You're going to do what?!" Mallory exclaimed, staring at Tyler in disbelief.

"Hayley found a witch strong enough to do the body jump spell—" Tyler began to explain, causing Mallory to sigh in frustration, "You know, the Klaus specialty."

"So you're going to put him someone else's body, and then what?" Mallory questioned, staring at him in frustration.

"We'll encase the body in concrete, then bury it."

"Why don't you just desiccant him as Bonnie did?" Mallory suggested, causing Tyler to sigh.

"Because, to do that spell, you have to stop a human heart," Tyler complained and Mallory rolled her eyes, realizing the people she surrounded herself with were not as willing to kill a random human as she was, "I was a little short of volunteers."

"Well, who was dumb enough to volunteer their body to be a Klaus sublet?" Mallory retorted, frowning in concern.

Tyler remained silent for a long moment. He sighed, knowing that Mallory wasn't going to like what he was getting at.

Slowly, Mallory's eyes widened in realization, causing him to be quick to speak up. "Please don't freak out," He pleaded and Mallory scoffed loudly.

"Don't freak out?" Mallory exclaimed loudly, her eyes filling with anger, "I'm about to punch you, Tyler. You bloody volunteered? Are you mad?!"

"It's not forever," Tyler assured Mallory, attempting to grab ahold of her, but she pulled away, "Long enough for the hybrids to be able to completely disappear."

"I can think of better ways for us to spend our senior year than you buried in concrete, Tyler," Mallory growled at Tyler in a low, threatening tone.

"Don't go there, Mal. You don't even care about high school," Tyler argued back with an attitude, "You're eight hundred years old. This will be nothing to you," He sighed, moving closer to her as he cupped her face in his hands, "This started with me. This has to end with me. I need your support. Please tell me I do."

"It won't work, Tyler," Mallory admitted in a whisper, genuine fear in her eyes, "You think you know Klaus, but you don't. I've known him for more than eight centuries. Believe me when I say he will see this coming."

"It will work, Mal," Tyler complained, a genuine look on his face, "I won't let this fail. I swear to you, this will work."

"I don't want you to die because of a poorly made plan," Mallory confessed softly as she moved to him, "But I will stand by you, Tyler. No matter what."

Tyler smiled, leaning his forehead against hers as he kissed her.

_____

"Where are you?" Mallory asked Stefan through the phone in an impatient tone after she had called him.

"I'm at the house," Stefan replied calmly, "Why? What's wrong?"