26

As a slow song began to play, Mallory and Tyler began to dance slowly with each other. Mallory leaned her head against Tyler's shoulder as they swayed to the beat, "What was the twenties like?" Tyler suddenly asked before gesturing around to the dance's decoration, "I mean, you did live during that decade."

Mallory smiled, lifting up her head as she looked Tyler directly into Tyler's eyes, "Nothing like this," She scoffed, both of them quietly laughing, "It was one of my favorite decades. The girls were reckless, sexy, fun."

"I guess you fit in well then," Tyler commented, causing Mallory to playfully roll her eyes.

"The music was great," Mallory continued on, "I killed a lot of people during that decade, almost as much as the sixties and seventies. I spent the entirety of the decade in Chicago. I hung out with Damon a bit there, but I spent most of it looking after Stefan."

"Why?" Tyler asked Mallory confused, "What was wrong with Stefan?"

"He was with Klaus," Mallory informed Tyler, whose eyes widened since he didn't know about Stefan's time with Klaus like everyone else, "I wasn't the only Salvatore sibling to get close to the Mikaelsons. Like me, he picked the wrong ones." She paused, letting out a large sigh, "Anyways, do you ever think about what you'll do after high school?"

"College," Tyler informed Mallory, a small smile on his face, "Would you go to college?"

Mallory had a uneasy look on her face, nervously chuckling, "Oh, I don't know," She replied before finally smile at Tyler, "Maybe if you're there. I can't promise I'll attend all of my classes though. A few sorority girls might go missing, too."

Tyler and Mallory laughed at Mallory's sucky joke before the female vampire continued on, "What about after college? What would you be doing?"

"I honestly have no clue," Tyler confessed to her, "I never thought about it before. I was too busy thinking about living in the moment."

"I never really thought about the future either, actually," Mallory confessed, "I never knew what was in store for me. Living an eternal life, you have all the time in the world," She paused, letting out a sigh, "But I do know that after high school, I want to travel."

"Where to?" Tyler asked Mallory curiously, a small smile on his face.

"New Orleans," She admitted, a smile forming on her lips at the thought of the beautiful city, "I haven't been there since the forties. I miss it. After that, I want to go to Europe. I haven't left the country since before 1864. I miss France. I'm thinking about visiting Paris, actually."

"I'll come with you," Tyler suddenly said, causing Mallory to turn to him, "I've never left the country before and I know for a fact I would want my first time leaving the U.S. to be with you."

Mallory smiled, nodding her head in response, "I would love that," She replied, about to leave forward.

Just as she was about to kiss him, she noticed his eyes go elsewhere, "What is it?" She asked in concern, only to turn her head to see Klaus walking up to them.

Mallory groaned, rolling her eyes at the fact that Klaus was ruining her time with Tyler.

"Where've you been mate?" Klaus asked Tyler, who looked straight at him while Mallory avoided eye contact, knowing that if she didn't, there was a chance she would go off on Klaus, which wouldn't end well.

"I just got back in town," Tyler informed Klaus and Mallory could immediately hear the hybrid's heartbeat race.

She grabbed her boyfriend's hand, holding it in her own. Tyler glanced at her, just before looking back at Klaus.