47

That night, Mallory returned home and she was sitting in her room, writing in her journal when she suddenly heard music downstairs. She frowned in confusion and immediately made her way downstairs.

"What the hell?" She muttered, frowning at the sight of the dozens of teenagers in her house.

She found herself standing off to the side, immediately texting Caroline to come over to help her with her problem.

It didn't take long for Mallory to turn her head and sigh in relief as she watched her friend enter the house. "I got here as soon as I could," She assured Mallory as she walked over to her, "This is insane."

"Yeah, but luckily for us, it won't last. They'll either drink all the booze and get bored, or Damon will come home and kill everyone. I'm honestly hoping for the second one before these bastards drink all my bourbon," Mallory explained, smiling as she began to push through the crowds of teenagers with Caroline following close after her.

"We can't compel them to leave," Caroline reminded Mallory in a calm tone as the latter snatched a bottle of bourbon from someone, "The locals are all on vervain from the town water supply. So what do we do?"

"I don't know," Mallory confessed, sighing deeply in defeat, "Enjoy the party, help Stefan keep Elena from butchering Grove Hill's cheerleading squad."

"Great," Caroline replied in a sarcastic tone as she began to glance around, "And where is she?"

"Where do you think?" Mallory smiled as she pointed to where Elena was standing on a table, dancing with a Grove Hill cheerleader. Stefan stood nearby, his arms crossed as he gave her a disapproving look.

"I almost forgot what that was like," Caroline confessed in a whisper as she laid eyes on Elena.

"What? Elena smiling?" Mallory asked, rolling her eyes at the thought as she drank her bourbon.

"No," Caroline complained, smiling at Mallory in amusement, "Fun. I mean, look at her. Yes, this is all very bad, but doesn't she make you just want to let go?"

"Well, unfortunately, I have this problem," Mallory began to explain, causing Caroline to turn to her and smile, "My brothers won't let me have any actual fun because my kind of fun usually ends with people dead and drained of blood."

"Well, as your moral compass, I will sure you have some fun without anyone ending up dead," Caroline replied, smiling as she turned to face Mallory fully. She grabbed the bottle of bourbon from Mallory and took a large sip of it, "I mean, come on, Mal. You are at a kegger full of hot girls and guys, Tyler's gone and you're, well, you. You never fail to miss the opportunity to hook up with someone."

"So what am I supposed to do, just some grab hot girl, throw her over my shoulder, and take her out onto the dance floor?" Mallory asked Caroline, smiling in utter amusement.

"Exactly," Caroline replied, nodding her head in agreement, "Take your own advice. Have fun, you know? We deserve a little bit of fun. Especially you. I know you try to hide it, but I know you haven't been the same since Kol's death. It's time you live a little. Let yourself be happy."

"Okay," Mallory nodded in agreement. She took the bottle of bourbon from Caroline's grasp. She took a large sip of it before placing it off to the side.

With that, she moved closer to Caroline, picking her up before throwing her over her shoulder. "Whoa! I didn't mean me!" Caroline exclaimed, laughing in utter amusement.

"What, you said a hot girl." Mallory retorted, leading Caroline over to the dance floor.

____