18

"Shall we go back?" Mallory questioned and Damon nodded his head in agreement.

The group walked back into the dining room to find that Klaus and Stefan hadn't tried to kill each other in their absence, "What do you say, Klaus?" Damon questioned Klaus curiously, "It's time for you to put something on the table. We've made our offer, now you counter."

"Okay. I offer Elena's future happiness. You see, what she needs right now is to be rid of you lot. And to fall in love with a human, maybe that nice football player, you know the blond one?" Klaus explained to Damon, who frowned in confusion.

"Matt Donovan? Really?" Damon questioned, a disgusted look on his face at the thought of Elena and Matt being together.

"Yeah, why not?" Klaus responded, clearly finding no problem with it, "They'll marry, live a long and fruitful life, and pop out a perfect family."

"And continue the Petrova bloodline,
Stefan responded, "Every few hundred years, you'll have a new doppelgänger to drain and never run out of hybrids. Right, Klaus?"

"Consider it a small return on my investment in her well-being. See, after you hand me back the coffin, I'll ensure her safety for the rest of her natural life. You know it's what's best for her." Klaus suggested, getting up from his seat before walking toward Stefan.

"So, what do you say, Stefan, hm?" Klaus questioned him, "Do we have a deal?"

Stefan looked over at Mallory for guidance. The elder vampire shook her head, telling Stefan to say no to the deal.

Stefan began to walk over to Klaus after getting Mallory's response, causing Damon to turn to him and frown, "What are you doing?" He asked his younger brother concerned.

Klaus held his hand out to Stefan for him to shake and soon enough, Stefan grabbed onto his hand, causing Klaus to smirk, "Nice try, Klaus," Stefan suddenly said, causing Klaus' smirk to fake, "But no deal."

Not liking Stefan's response, Klaus broke Stefan's arm. He kicked his leg and broke it as well, just before pushing Stefan's hand into the fireplace, which already started to burn.

Damon attempted to rush over to him, but Elijah intercepted him, pushing him against a wall, "What are you doing?" Damon asked Elijah, feeling betrayed.

Just as Mallory was about to walk forward to help Stefan, at the same time, both Klaus and Elijah turned to her, "Move a muscle and I'll kill your brothers without blinking," Klaus threatened and Mallory, who didn't take his threat seriously, got ready to walk forward once more, "Don't tempt me, Mallory!"

Klaus continued to hold Stefan's arm in the fire, causing the younger male vampire to yell out in pain, "Stop!" Mallory yelled out, worried for her brother.

"Now, bring me my coffin before I burn him alive." Klaus threatened Damon, a smirk on his face.

"I'll get it." Damon answered, about to walk away, "Come on, Mal."

"Mallory will stay here," Klaus suddenly spoke up, causing the group to turn to him, "For safe keeping, of course." He paused, now turning to Elijah, "Go with him, brother. You keep him honest. And when you return, I will make good on my promise to you and I will hand over our family."

Meanwhile later, Damon and Elijah had left to "Get the coffins", and Klaus continued to hold Stefan's hand in the fire, "Go ahead and kill me. I know you'll do it when he brings the coffin." Stefan told Klaus as he groaned in pain.

Finally, Klaus pulled Stefan out of the fireplace, causing Mallory to sigh in relief as she rushed over to her brother.

Before Mallory began to push Stefan back, "You really have given up, haven't you? Where's the fight? Where's the ripper?" Klaus asked Stefan in amusement, only to have Stefan push him back.