30

Mallory was utterly shocked when dawn came and she was still alive. It was impossible, yet it happened. She finally left Kol and searched for Stefan, who had just brought Elena to her house with Damon. She had died after being driven off Wickery Bridge in Matt's car by Rebekah. The thing was, she died with Damon's blood in her system.

Even at such a rough time, Damon and Stefan couldn't help but be somewhat relieved, seeing as though their sister had survived after what happened.

Elena gasped for air as she woke up in transition. She found Stefan sitting on the end of her bed, watching her. She frowned, confused about what was going on around her, "Stefan?" She called out worriedly.

"Hey. I'm right here," Stefan spoke up in a comforting tone, leaning forward in his seat as he looked at her worriedly, "You've been in and out for hours."

"Wh-what happened?" Elena asked in concern.

Stefan sighed, taking a moment until he finally responded, "You were in an accident." He informed her in a calm tone.

"Oh, my God," Elena gasped, her eyes wide in shock, "Matt, is he--"

"Alive?" Damon suddenly asked, causing the duo to turn their heads to see Damon sitting with Mallory at the window seat, "Ask Stefan. The hero."

Elena looked back at Stefan, a concerned look on her face, "He's fine." He assured her calmly.

"Thank you," Elena responded, sighing in relief, "I thought that I–how did you...?"

"Save you?" Mallory questioned, finally adding into the conversation, "Yeah, that's the thing. He didn't."

"When Jeremy brought you to the hospital before all this happened, your injuries were worse than anyone knew. Meredith Fell made a choice, she used Damon's blood to heal you." Stefan explained to Elena, who glanced between Damon, Stefan, and Mallory.

"And when Rebekah ran Matt's truck off the road, you had vampire blood in your system, Elena," Damon continued, causing Elena's eyes to widen in shock.

Immediately after hearing Damon's statement, Elena began to panic, "Oh, my God. Does--does that mean that I--" She cut herself off, her eyes filled with tears, "Am I dead?"

Hearing her question, the three vampires remained silent, not answering her question, which gave Elena the inkling that she was right, "No, no, no, no! That wasn't supposed to happen!"

"Maybe it doesn't have to," Stefan informed her, causing Mallory to raise a brow at him, clearly not knowing what he was talking about, "I talked to Bonnie, she says she's stronger than ever, there might be something that she can do to help you."

"No, the only thing that's going to help is for you to feed and complete the transition," Damon spoke up and Mallory was quick to agree.

"Damon's right," She agreed with Damon immediately after hearing his statement, "She needs to feed."

"We have all day before she has to feed, Mallory. That's a day to exhaust every possible way out of this." Stefan reminded Mallory, turning to face her with an annoyed look on his face.

"There is no way out of it," Damon argued with Stefan, "We all know the drill. You feed or you die. There is no door number three."

Once hearing Damon's words, Elena began to cry, clearly not wanting to be a vampire, "I was ready to die. I was supposed to die. I don't–I don't want to be–I can't be a vampire!" She cried out, "If there's something that Bonnie can do we have to try."

"We will. We'll try everything." Stefan assured her, which led to Mallory rolling her eyes in annoyance.

Damon scoffed loudly, rolling his eyes before standing up, "Your choice, Elena. As always." He remarked, sarcastically smiling at her, "Let's go, Mal."