15

At the Mystic Falls cemetery, Mallory, Caroline, Elena, Bonnie, and Matt entered the Salvatore crypt. In the car, Mallory had explained her idea to Elena and Elena immediately agreed with the idea, deciding to add Mallory into it also.

"Here it is!" Mallory stated, entering the Salvatore crypt alongside the rest of her friends.

"This is creepy, even for us," Bonnie commented.

"No, Caroline was right..." Elena replied, going along with Mallory's idea, "Technically, she's dead. Sorry. But you don't need a birthday, you need a funeral. And honestly, after eight hundred years of living hell, so does Mallory.The two of you need to say goodbye to your old life, so that you can move on with your new one. And honestly, Mallory, you should have done this a while ago."

Caroline smiled, noticing the offended look on Mallory's face, "Well, that was rude," She jokingly commented, causing Caroline to quietly laugh.

"Okay, let do this," Caroline spoke, grabbing Mallory by the arm to pull her over to stand next to her, "Here lies Caroline Forbes..."

Elena, who was putting candles on top of Caroline and Mallory's birthday cake, continued on for Caroline, "Cheerleader, Miss Mystic Falls, third grade hopscotch champion..." She trailed off, allowing Bonnie to continue.

"Friend, daughter, overachiever..." Bonnie said before Matt continued.

"Mean girl, sometimes, no offense," Matt told Caroline, who smiled.

"Ah, none taken." She replied, not caring about what Matt had said about her.

"She was seventeen, and she had a really good life. So rest in peace, so that she can move forward," Elena smiled, putting the last candle on the cake before turning to Mallory, "And here lies Mallory Montague."

Mallory immediately looked up, frowning when she heard Elena call her by the last name she had when she was human when, "Devoted sister, friend, cheeky at times, loving girlfriend..." She trailed off before looking over at Bonnie.

"Total badass, witty, protector of the people she loves, a bitch at times, but for all the right reasons..."

"Smarter than everyone around her," Matt finished for Bonnie, causing Mallory to smile, no matter how much she tried to stop herself.

"She was only fifteen years old when she died and had a life that seemed perfect when being seen by the people around her. She held the world on her shoulders; a princess, in need of her mother's love. She died earlier than she should have. All for loving the wrong person. May she rest in peace, so that she can finally move forward after eight hundred years." Elena explained before walking up to Caroline and Mallory, holding the cake in front of her, "That's what you two really need. What we all really need. Amen, or cheers or whatever," She paused, turning to Bonnie as the group laughed, "Bonnie?"

Bonnie, knowing what she needed to do, lit the candles with her magic, a smile on her face.

"Nice!" Elena complimented Bonnie before turning to Caroline and Mallory, "Okay, make a wish. Both of you."

Elena held the cake out to Caroline and Mallory, waiting for them to make their wish.

Even after the statement, Mallory had told her brothers about wanting to wish for no more hybrids on her birthday, Mallory knew for a fact that wasn't true. She wanted to wish for something else.

She wanted to be happy. Okay, she might have always seemed happy, but it wasn't true happiness. She just wanted to be happy with Tyler, her brothers, and all of her friends, nothing coming in between them. And that was what she wished for.