23

In the woods, after calling the rest of the Mystic Falls gang, Stefan, Mallory, and Damon showed up to find everyone there but Bonnie, "Where's Bonnie?" Stefan asked the group, causing Caroline and Elena to turn to him, "I texted her too."

"Um, Bonnie's mom bailed on her. Again," Caroline informed the group, "So, I think we should leave her out of this one."

"Guess she's missing the fun," Mallory muttered under her breath.

"What are we doing here?"  Matt questioned the group.

"We found some more white oak," Damon informed the group, whose eyes widened in shock, "Long story, wait for the movie."

"Hang on. White oak?" Elena asked in disbelief, "You have a weapon that can kill Klaus?"

"Nope. We all have a weapon," Stefan corrected her, gesturing his hand to smirk, who smirked as she threw down a duffel bag with white oak stakes in it, "Like Mallory when she has plans of her own, Klaus has always been one step ahead of us, but now we have the advantage. We're all armed and they are all linked, meaning we only need to kill one of them. We need to seize the best opportunity, which means we need to prepare for every opportunity."

"Scenario number one," Damon spoke up, grabbing Elena before moving her over, "You get to play Klaus."

"Okay." Elena responded, knowing there was no point in protesting.

"Rebekah is our target so we distract her and catch her off guard. To do that we need to keep Klaus separate and occupied," Stefan paused, turning toward Mallory, "Mallory,"

Mallory groaned in annoyance, only to have Caroline speak up for her, "Question," She paused, glancing between Stefan and Damon, "Why does Mallory always have to be Klaus bait? Not that I'm complaining, but...Just curious."

"Because he's obsessed with her," Damon bluntly replied, earning a glare from Mallory.

Damon smirked, walking over to Caroline, "Caroline, we need you to play Rebekah. We use the quarterback to distract her. Just keep her talking."

"How?" Matt questioned, clearly confused that someone like him would be able to stop Rebekah.

"Act interested," Damon instructed, "She's lonely, desperate."

"Clearly. She slept with you." Caroline commented, causing both Elena and Mallory to smile.

"Hey, Mal, I wouldn't be talking," Damon complained, "Wasn't it just last night when you slept with her and then practically had shower sex with Sage?"

Mallory's eyes widened in alarm, noticing all the judging looks she was getting from her friends, "Get back on topic, Damon," She demanded and Damon quietly laughed, knowing he had hit a nerve.

"Beefcake holds bombshell. I come up from behind her," Damon explained, getting gets behind Caroline. He grabbed her arms, placing them behind her back, "Grab her arms like this."

"Ow!" Caroline complained.

Mallory came up with the stake in her hand, imitating stabbing Caroline, "Which gives Stefan or me enough time for one shot." She explained before Damon finally let go of Caroline, "Got it? Good."

"So we all have one stake, we keep it hidden and we look out for any opportunity we have." Stefan explained.

"No last minute attacks of pity for any of them," Damon commented, looking directly at Elena as he said those words.

"Don't worry about me. Not after what happened to Bonnie's mom." Elena reminded Damon, who nodded his head in understanding.

"Barbie?" Damon called out, looking over at Caroline, "Oh, I'm ready. Anything that will free Tyler from his sire bond to Klaus. I don't want Mallory getting hurt because of it again. That was hard enough as it is."