2

That night at the Salvatore House, Elena's birthday party was underway and the large house was crowded with teens they went to school with, all from different grades

That night at the Salvatore House, Elena's birthday party was underway and the large house was crowded with teens they went to school with, all from different grades. Caroline and Mallory soon spotted Elena and Damon walking down the stairs together and the two female vampires approached them, "You like?" Caroline asked Elena with a smile on her face.

Mallory immediately noticed the uneasy look on Elena's face, "Don't answer that."

"This is keeping it small?" Elena complained, but the two girls continued to smile, causing her to sigh, "What are we drinking?"

Caroline and Mallory held out their arms, allowing Elena to lock arms with them before the three girls made their way through the party together.

____

Later on that party, people were still dancing and drinking. On the dance floor, Tyler and Sophie were dancing together Mallory was standing on the edge looking at them. A random girl went to walk past her with one of Mallory's favorite bottle of bourbon in her hand and Mallory was quick to stop her, "Oh, hey, hey, hey, hey. You don't want that," She told her, beginning to compel her, "You want the cheap young stuff over by the cheap young people. Now, go away."

The random girl simply nodded, allowing Mallory to take the bottle from her hands before she scurried off. Mallory quickly opened the bottle of bourbon before beginning to take large sips of it, needing something strong than the cheap beer they had at the party.

Soon enough, Tyler stopped dancing with Sophie and walked over to Mallory with her, "Hey, what's wrong?" He asked her, "You don't look too good."

"I'm fine. Totally fine," Mallory responded with a bit of an attitude as she got ready to walk away.

"Great party, Mallory. I love it," Sophie told Mallory, who couldn't keep her jealousy contained anymore.

Mallory turned to Sophie and Tyler once more, a large, yet fake smile on her face, "Thanks. I'm glad you do," She replied sarcastically before beginning to compel Sophie, "Now, I think it's time that you leave it."

Sophie sent both Tyler and Mallory a smile before leaving, causing Tyler to turn to Mallory with an annoyed look on his face, "What the hell was that!" He complained to her.

Mallory scoffed loudly before pushing past Tyler, off to find Caroline, still drinking her bottle of bourbon. She soon found her friend, who looked concerned as to why Mallory looked so heated, "What's up?" Caroline greeted her friend with a bit of a concerned look on her face.

"This party blows. I need a real drink," She told Caroline, referring to blood, "Since drinking from the vein is off limits, how about we get ourselves both a drink from the freezer downstairs and then bring it upstairs to Damon's room? What do you say?"

Caroline sighed out, a smile slowly forming on her lips, "After the conversation I just had with Matt, that sounds great." She agreed with Mallory, who smiled before they both headed downstairs to get themselves a blood bag.