54

"Where the hell have you been?" Damon had complained as he and Stefan walked into the parlor to find Mallory pouring herself a cup of bourbon without a care in the world.

"New Orleans," Mallory admitted, a smile forming on her lips, "Did I miss anything?"

"Other than Elena refusing to turn her humanity back on? Nope," Stefan replied, earning an eye roll from Mallory.

"I've been home all of five minutes and it's already becoming about Elena. How lovely," Mallory replied, an amused look appearing on her face, "Why don't I give it a try? Maybe I can get her humanity back on."

"You can try," Damon suggested and Stefan turned to shoot his older brother a glare, "What? We've been at this for weeks with no success. Maybe Mallory can make her crack."

"More like Mallory will kill Elena once she gets mouthy," Stefan muttered, sighing when Mallory smirked and practically skipped in the direction of the cellar.

Mallory walked downstairs, smiling slightly as she opened the door to the cell Elena had been locked in. "You look cozy," She commented, holding up a small vial of blood, "Got you something. It doesn't have vervain in it, if that's what you're wondering."

Mallory walked over to Elena, waving it at her slightly.

Elena stared at the blood with wide eyes, just before snatching it from Mallory and downing it within seconds.

"Just so you know, I think this plan Stefan and Damon have to make you turn on your humanity is stupid. It'll never work. Even a fool could see that," She explained, kneeling before her, "I mean, I agree that you need to turn your humanity back on, but I don't think that making you suffer is the way to do it. That's not who you are."

"What makes you such an expert on who I am?" Elena asked as she let out a large scoff.

"Because I know you a lot better than people think I do," Mallory replied in a calm tone.

"I tried to kill you, Mal," Elena reminded Mallory, who rolled her eyes as the younger vampire spun the empty bottle that had previously been filled with blood.

"Which you failed miserably at and almost died as a result," Mallory reminded, a cold look appearing on her face.

"You should move on," Elena replied, continuing to spin the bottle on the floor until Mallory couldn't take it anymore.

Mallory reached out suddenly and snatched the bottle from Elena, a cold look on her face. "I'm not going to give up until you turn it back on," She complained, an aggravated look on her face, "My life here in Mystic Falls will be miserable until your humanity is turned on so why don't you do us all a favor and turn it back on?"

"This annoying thing that you're doing by making it about you, did it ever occur to you maybe that's why both your boyfriends skipped town while the other one is dead?" Elena suddenly asked and Mallory wanted to laugh at how Elena had the audacity to say that she was the one who always made it about her when it was the other way around, "I mean, I know that Tyler said he was running for his life, but maybe he was running from you. And Klaus? I mean, let's just say it: nobody likes a tease and you're the biggest one of all. You've strung both him and his brother Kol along for eight hundred years," She explained, earning an eye roll from Mallory, "I'm not judging. Must be nice to have a bad boy ruffle those supposedly perfect feathers. And poor Kol. He died before he could actually get sick of you like Jeremy did."

"You're hurting," Mallory stated in a low tone, glaring at Elena, "I'm not going to take anything you say seriously."

Rolling her eyes, Mallory stood up and turned to leave, annoyed by Elena already despite only being home for less than ten minutes.