32

Morning soon arrived and with a cup of blood in her hand, Mallory opened the front door of the boarding house, Damon standing alongside her. The duo ended up finding Stefan there, fixing up his old motorcycle, "Good day for a midlife crisis," Mallory sarcastically commented, "It's been 164 years, guess you're finally due."

Stefan turned to face his brother and sister, taking a seat on his motorcycle, "Elena's transition to vampire has been a little depressing. I'm gonna help her have some fun."

"Oh. Those who can't do, teach," Damon sarcastically remarked, walking past Mallory and onto the porch.

Stefan rolled his eyes, smiling slightly at Damon, "Ah, I see we're still fighting. Got it," He paused, noticing how Damon was already dressed so early in the morning, "Where you going?"

"That hunter jacked Mal's boy toy of his werewolf venom last night, so basically, he's got vampire poison in a bottle. And I'm gonna find him, and I'm gonna eat him." Damon explained and Stefan's eyes immediately went to Mallory.

"You're going with him, I'm guessing?" Stefan questioned and Mallory was quick to respond.

"No can do, brother," Mallory replied, shaking her head as she took a sip of the cup of blood, "I have school."

"Since when do you actually attend school willingly?" Stefan asked, only to notice how Mallory glared at him.

Stefan sighed, turning back to Damon as he stood up from sitting on his motorcycle, "I'll go with you." He offered in a confident tone.

"I don't want your help. I just want to kill this guy and get the hell out of town," He explained to Stefan, who furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, "Wasn't that the deal? Whoever Elena doesn't choose leaves?"

"That was before she turned," Stefan reminded Damon as Mallory watched the duo closely.

"And I stayed to help. If I take you punching me as the first clue, I'm not wanted here anymore." Damon explained, only to notice the annoyed look from Mallory, "By you, at least. Mallory still seems a bit pissed too."

Mallory shook her head, letting out a sigh, "I'm not mad. Not anymore." She pointed out to her brother, just before Stefan spoke up as well.

Stefan sighed, turning to Damon, "Listen, you blood-shared with my girlfriend, and I punched you in the face. You deserved it. Why don't you stop being dramatic?"

"No, brother, dramatic would be leaving before I kill this hunter." Damon sarcastically pointed out before walking away.

Mallory watched Damon leave before she turned to Stefan, who seemed to be just as annoyed.

___

In Alaric's old classroom, Elena and Stefan walked into class and sat down in their desks. Soon after they did so, Mallory entered the room, suddenly stopping as she felt a pang of sadness at the thought of Alaric.

She missed him more than anything. Alaric being close to Damon made him close to Mallory. The two of them were the only ones to see past Damon's cold exterior and see the real him.

Soon after Mallory took her seat, Rebekah entered, a large smile on her face as she held a pile of printed out flyers in her hand, "Morning, everyone." She greeted everyone.

"My God," Mallory muttered under her breath at the sight of Rebekah, who sent her a smile.

"Just like that, I'm no longer feeling sentimental," Elena muttered under her breath, rolling her eyes as Rebekah walked over.

"So, I'm throwing a little anti-curfew party at my new house. Starts at fifth period and goes 'til whenever. Spread the word." Rebekah explained to the class, handing out a few flyers before turning to Elena, "You're welcome to join, Elena, if you'd like to bury the hatchet."