9

Mallory was walking toward her first period class when she saw Elena struggling to convince Stefan to let go of his grip on her arm, "I said, let go of me," Elena repeated for the second time through her gritted teeth.

Mallory sighed, quickly walking over, "Let go of her, Stefan," She ordered in a stern tone.

Stefan smiled in amusement as Mallory protectively stepped in front of Elena. Last time he had been in Mystic Falls, they practically hated each other's guts.

Suddenly, Stefan, with one hand, slammed Mallory against the lockers, but the girl didn't seem bothered whatsoever. She actually seemed amused by her brother trying to go up against her. It was always Damon who made that stupid mistake, but for the first time ever, it was Stefan doing it.

"Stefan, stop it!" Elena warned the male vampire in a hushed tone as a few people walking down the hallway turned their heads to quickly glance at the scene unfolding before them.

"You're not going to want to get in my way, Mallory," He informed his younger sister in a low, threatening tone, "You hear me?"

"You're so glad I'm not trying to expose myself as a vampire to the school or this would be a whole different story, Stefan." She commented, pushing Stefan as hard as she could away from her without using her vampire strength.

Finally, Stefan stepped down from the fight and turned to look at Elena, "I'll see you both in history." He told them before walking off, causing the two girls to share an uneasy glance with each other.

Later on that school day, the bell rang and Mallory entered Alaric's history class alongside Tyler. Soon enough, Caroline and Bonnie entered while Elena was already there after having a conversation about Stefan with Alaric.

Mallory took a seat in front of Tyler and to the right of Caroline. Caroline turned to Elena, sending her a smile. The smile immediately faded as Stefan walked in, looking down at the person sitting across from Elena, "You're in my seat," He told the boy in a threatening tone.

Stefan patted him on the back as the boy finally got up. He smiled at Elena as he sat down at the desk, "Hey, you." He greeted her.

After writing, 'AP American History' on the blackboard, Alaric clapped his hands together and turned to face the class, "Welcome back, seniors. Let's turn our brains back on, starting with this country's original founders: The Native Americans."

Just then, Rebekah entered the classroom, causing Mallory to tense up, "What about the Vikings?" She spoke up, causing Alaric to turn to her.

"Really?" Mallory complained, hitting her head against her desk at the sight of the blonde original.

Rebekah smirked at this before taking a seat at the front of the classroom, "Well, there's no evidence that Viking explorers actually settled in the United States," Alaric informed her, a confused look on his face as he looked down at Rebekah, "Who are you?"

Rebekah smiled up at Alaric, "My name's Rebekah. I'm new," She introduced herself, "And history's my favorite subject."

Mallory turned to Elena, "We need to get rid of her." She mouthed to her, causing Elena to sigh out.

____

On the football field, the football team, which included Tyler, was having practice while the cheerleading team, which included Caroline and Mallory, was doing their usual warm-up stretches.

Mallory's hair was in a messy ponytail while she wore a pink crop top and black shorts, "Has anybody seen Dana?" One of the cheerleaders who was leading the warm-up stretches asked.