34

After getting a call from Damon, Mallory headed to Elena's house. She had been told by Damon that while hallucinating Connor, she had killed Jeremy, but thankfully, he was wearing his ring. When she arrived, Mallory and Damon stood near Elena as she paced around the living room. Jeremy's dead body laid on the couch near them, but Mallory tried her best to not look at it, "I can't believe this happened," Elena began to panic, running a hand through her hair anxiously, "What am I going to say to him?"

   "Thanks for not ditching the family ring after it drove Ric crazy?" Damon sarcastically responded, earning an angered glare from Elena, "You should have called Stefan."

"I don't want to talk to him. He's been lying to me and hiding things from me," Elena replied and Mallory immediately noticed how beyond pissed she was with Stefan solely by the look on her face, "He compelled Jeremy to forget God knows what."

   "In all fairness, I mean, I think you killing him trumps that by a vast amount," Mallory spoke up, surprisingly taking Stefan's side, "You really should have called Stefan."

"I don't trust him right now, Mal," Elena snapped at Mallory and as if on cue, Stefan walked into the house.

The group of three turned their heads, watching as Stefan walked closer to them, "Hey." Stefan awkwardly greeted the group, leading to Elena turning to Damon and Mallory with a questioning look.

"By the way, I called Stefan," Mallory awkwardly responded, causing Elena to sigh in frustration.

Stefan had a confused look on his face as he walked over to Elena, "What happened?" He asked Elena in concern, "Why didn't you call me?"

"I just--" She began to say, only to cut herself off, "I need to go upstairs and shower. Clean all the blood off my hands."

    With that, Elena walked out of the room and soon after, Jeremy revived from being dead, letting out a large gasp, "Welcome back to the land of the living, Gilbert," Mallory greeted the boy in a sarcastic tone as she moved closer to him, "How are you feeling?"

"What happened?" Jeremy asked, looking concerned as he glanced around.

"Long story, buy the e-book." Damon jokingly replied, earning a glare from Stefan before he walked toward the stairs to head to Elena's room.

"Well, I better go," Mallory spoke up, causing Damon to turn to her with a confused look.

"To where?" Damon asked Mallory confused, "We need you here."

"I have business with Tyler," Mallory informed Damon, only to get an eye roll in return, "What's that look for?"

"What happened to my partner in crime, Mal? It seems like I've been replaced with Tyler," Damon complained, causing Mallory to smile in amusement as she walked closer to Damon.

"Don't worry, brother. I have a feeling we will be teaming up to kick us very soon," She responded, laughing quietly before heading out the door.

___

At Tyler's Mansion, Klaus was standing with Tyler, Chris, and Hayley, drinking in honor of Dean, who had been killed by Connor before Stefan got a hold of him.

There was a knock at the door and having the feeling that it was Mallory, Tyler immediately walked over to answer it. Tyler opened the door, only to find Mallory standing there alongside Caroline. Mallory held a cardboard box in her hand, which seemed to be filled with his belongings.

Tyler moved out of the way, allowing Mallory to enter with Caroline at her side, "I brought your useless crap that I found at my place," Mallory informed Tyler with an attitude, sounding deeply angered, "Your jersey, your sweatshirt, the necklace, the drawing I made of you. All of it."