19

After Caroline had fallen asleep, Mallory headed to the Mystic Grill for a drink. She was clearly in deep need of one after seeing Kol upright for the first time in eight centuries.

At closing, Mallory exited the Grill, clearly drunk as she walked down the street alone. Feeling as though someone was behind her, she stopped where she was and turned her head, only to see no one. 

Hearing footsteps nearby, Mallory quickened her pace until she was running at vampire speed. She let out a large gasp as the unknown person caught up to her, roughly slamming her against a nearby wall, but not rough enough to hurt her.

Once seeing that the person standing before her was Kol, Mallory scoffed loudly, which only led to Kol's permanent smirk becoming larger. Mallory rolled her eyes as Kol placed a hand on the side of her neck, cupping her face.

"Just once, Kol Mikaelson, you might greet me like a gentleman?" Mallory complained with an attitude, unfazed by his behavior, "I would think after eight centuries you would have learned some manners by now. Guess that's too much to hope for."

"If you are in the market for a gentleman, Mallory, I'm afraid you have the wrong Mikaelson brother," Kol smirked, slowly leaning forward.

Before he could succeed in what he was hoping to do, Mallory spoke up, "Well, as a matter of fact, I'm not in the market for any man, let alone a Mikaelson brother," She responded in a playful tone, clearly trying to get a rise out of him, "I'm spoken for."

Kol continued to smirk, nodding his head in response, even though he decided to ignore the part about Mallory being spoken for, "It's good to see you, Mallory. I've missed you quite a lot," He told her and Mallory kept a straight, emotionless expression.

"How did you find me?" She questioned, pressing the palms of her hands against his chest before pushing him back.

"I have my ways," Kol responded vaguely, "After all, I've taught you everything I know. I knew you'd be at the closest bar after our brief union at Nik's."

"What are you really doing here?" Mallory questioned Kol, turning to face him with a curious look on his face.

"I thought you were dead for eight centuries, my love," Kol responded, walking closer to Mallory once more as he backed her into the position they were in before, "I'm a little hurt you didn't come find me sooner."

He began to lean his face towards hers, causing Mallory to smile playfully, "I'm so sorry." She quietly responded, leaning forward.

   Kol leaned forward as well, believing that she was going to kiss him. Just as their lips were brushing against each other's, Mallory smirked, grabbing Kol by the ends of his hair before twisting his head around at vamp-speed, "Did you really I would kiss you, Kol?" She questioned in annoyance, letting out a large scoff, "As I said, I'm spoken for."

  Kol disengaged at vamp-speed and Mallory smirked, beginning to walk away, "Heh. Ow." He commented, causing Mallory to quietly laugh. She realized that the boy was obviously turned on by her playful manner. She was practically an innocent flower when they were together. Mallory was the complete opposite now, but it was only intrigued Kol more.

"So who might this person you're spoken for be, love?" He questioned her, curiously, "I trust you've done better than those two vampires I saw you with."

  "Ew," Mallory cringed in disgust, turning to face Kol, "Stefan and Damon are my brothers. I'm with Tyler, one of Klaus' hybrids."

Kol scoffed, a disgusted look on his face, "You must be joking," He responded, clearly not believing Mallory, of all people, was dating some who was part werewolf, "You're spoken for by a mutt?"