48

FLASHBACK
NEW YORK, 1977

It was nighttime and a young couple walked down the street together, holding hands. "You were right," The woman spoke up, smiling slightly.

"Told you," The man replied, smiling back at her.

"It was really good," She confessed, continuing to smile widely.

"Yeah. You liked it?" He asked her and the woman nodded.

"Yeah, thanks for inviting me," She replied, only to have the two of them stop at the sight of a man lying face-first on the sidewalk, "Oh, God. Is he--Do you think he's dead?"

"I-I don't know," He confessed, an uneasy look on his face as he shook his head.

While the woman stood in place, the man began to walk forward, toward the body. "Stay there."

Just then, he looked down, frowning when he saw that the body was no longer there. Hearing a scream, he whipped himself around, horrified by the sight of his girlfriend lying on the ground, dead. "Oh, my God!"

Hearing a bottle roll, he whipped himself around, only to come face to face with Mallory, who smiled as she wiped the blood from the corner of her lips.

"Unluckily for you, God will not be saving you from me," She commented as she stalked toward him, "In fact, He won't be saving you from either of us."

Hearing footsteps, the man whipped himself around to lay eyes on Damon. "You're that serial killer, aren't you?" He asked Damon fearfully, "The Son of Sam."

"Son of Guiseppe, but close enough," Damon shrugged as he sped toward the man before he began to savagely feed off of him.

He threw the man to lay on the ground beside the woman Mallory had killed. He turned to his sister, smiling widely as he licked the blood from his lips.

Mallory walked toward him, chuckling lowly. "Shall we?" She asked, gesturing forward with her hand.

"Ladies first," Damon encouraged her and Mallory smiled before she began to walk down the street with Damon following soon after her, the two of them not even bothering to get rid of the bodies they left.

PRESENT DAY
MYSTIC FALLS

Mallory was downstairs at the Salvatore House, cleaning up the mess left from the party Elena threw the previous night.

From downstairs, she listened into Stefan's conversation with Damon, who had taken Elena to New York with him on a cure hunt. She was honestly glad. She didn't want to bear Elena anytime soon.

Mallory glanced around, annoyed by how much trash there was still left to pick up. "At this rate, I should just compel a maid," She muttered under her breath.

"Perhaps you should," A voice spoke up as Mallory downed a random half-filled cup of beer, "Desperate times, I take it."

"What are you doing here?" Mallory asked Klaus, no longer happy with him after what occurred the night before involving the letter Tyler sent her, "Go away."

"What am I doing here?" Klaus asked, smiling widely at Mallory's rudeness toward him, "Not judging you for starters, although if it is your intention to get drunk, then perhaps I might recommend something a little more sanitary."

"Hmm. Good advice. But I think I'll pass," She retorted with an attitude as she downed two cups in a row.

"Oh, well then, you showed me," Klaus sarcastically commented as she threw the cups in the trash bin she held.