33

While Damon and Elena went off to Whitmore College with Bonnie, Mallory stayed in Mystic Falls, doing absolutely nothing. A few days later, Damon ended up texting her after returning back, claiming that Stefan was up to something since he wasn't answering anyone's calls.

With that, Mallory met up with the entire group at the Lockwood mansion to make up a plan. "So, we each take a different entrance; hit them at the same time," Damon instructed and Mallory listened closely, crossing her arms over her chest as she stood beside Tyler.

Just then, Mallory turned her head to see Stefan walk into the room, Elena immediately standing up and walking over to him, "Stefan!" Elena exclaimed, shocked to see her boyfriend.

"Where the hell have you been?" Mallory asked her brother, annoyance laced in her tone of voice.

Stefan reached his arm out towards Elena, the two of them tightly hugging each other, "Coming up with a plan." He responded and Mallory raised a brow at him, feeling as though something was up.

"Yeah, we have a plan. The plan is I'm gonna rip Connor's heart out and I'm going to feed it to him." Damon explained, causing Mallory to roll her eyes since even she knew that was an impulsive decision.

"That's not a plan. We need to be careful. Connor has Jeremy and who knows how many other hostages." Stefan reminded Damon, clearly more cautious than his elder brother was.

"Hence, the open heart surgery," Damon remarked, making Mallory sigh.

"Damon's right," Elena spoke up, causing both Stefan and Mallory to turn to her and frown, "Connor's strong, but he's not going to be able to take all of us. Especially since we have Mallory. She's older than all of you put together."

"I called in the hybrids to help too," Tyler informed the group, who seemed relieved by the news.

Mallory turned her head to see Caroline entering the room and immediately gave her a questioning look, wondering what she had found out, "My mom put squad cars blocking the streets," She informed them, "They're saying it's a faulty gas main. We're good to go."

"Good, great. No cops, no witnesses, no reason to wait around." Damon commented and Mallory continued to notice the look on Stefan's face.

He knew something, something he wasn't telling everyone else. She was going to figure out what it was.

"All right, hold on, you're not all going," Stefan spoke up, looking toward Caroline and Elena.

"He shot me, like, nine times," Tyler pointed out to Stefan, "If we're killing him, I want in."

"Without me, you don't stand a chance against this guy," Mallory spoke up sternly, "I'm going."

"He's got Jeremy. I'm going." Elena told Stefan in a confident tone.

"Listen, nobody is going anywhere until I figure out what we're walking into." Stefan suddenly ordered, causing both Mallory and Damon to exchange a look.

"Until you figure it out?" She scoffed loudly, causing Stefan to turn to her and sigh, "Is that where you've been all morning? Taking lessons on how to be the boss? No, Stefan. That's my job."

"This guy is known for setting traps, right?" Stefan replied, almost as if he were trying to say the first thing that came to mind, "We'd be pretty dumb to walk into one, especially if he has werewolf venom."

"And how do you know he has werewolf venom?" Mallory questioned Stefan, clearly skeptical of him.

"He's had it before," Stefan replied and Mallory immediately knew that he was lying.