43

FLASHBACK
FRANCE, 1226

"Father, where are you?" Mallory called out loudly in a taunting tone as she walked through the halls of the royal castle, whose walls and floors were covered in blood.

Screams echoed throughout the large castle as dozens of men and women were savagely fed on by Mallory.

Her father, King Louis, groaned as he limped through the hallways, clutching his bleeding neck. "Guards," He croaked out, "Guards!"

"Your guards are dead," A voice suddenly spoke up, causing him to whip himself around to find Mallory standing before him.

She was covered in blood, her eyes bloodshot red and veins underneath them. She smiled sadistically, moving toward her. "I killed all your children, Father. Your legitimate ones and your bastards. I killed your mistress, too. Now, you're next," She explained, continuing to stalk toward him, "You brought this upon yourself."

"You should've died with your whore mother," Louis growled at Mallory as he stared at her in disgust, "I doubt you're even mine."

"Oh, I am definitely yours," Mallory replied, smiling as she nodded her head, "I have your temper and your madness."

Mallory sped toward her father, who grunted as she grabbed him by the neck and slammed him into the wall. "I left little Louis alive," She informed him, his lips curling upwards, "But it wasn't for your benefit. I did it for France. He's eleven and thankfully, he won't grow up to be anything like you because you'll be dead."

"Please," He pleaded, beginning to cry, "Don't do this. I beg of you."

"Begging for your life?" She asked, letting out a loud laugh, "I always knew you were a weak king."

Mallory's fangs grew, just before she lunged for her father's neck. She savagely fed on him until he was drained of blood. She dropped his body to the ground, smiling in relief as she tilted her upwards.

"They were right. There's nothing quite like killing the person who ruined your life," She confessed with a smile on her face.

"Mallory?" A voice suddenly called out, causing Mallory to whip herself around to see her little brother standing before her, looking terrified.

She slowly walked toward him, her eyes softening. Frightened, little Louis began to back away, not knowing what his sister was about to do.

"Oh, you know I won't kill you," She assured him as she made her way toward him, "You're the only one I actually like in this family."

Louis cried out. He turned on his heel, only to have Mallory appear in front of him before he could run. She knelt before him, roughly grabbing him by the arms as she started to compel her youngest brother.

She might have just transitioned that day, but she knew all there was to know about being a vampire. She looked into his eyes, smiling as she began to compel him.

"You will forget what I've done. Englishmen attacked the castle. Slaughtered everyone here, starting with our father, the king. You are to be king now and you will be a good one. You will be nothing like the bastards who raised us. All your siblings died, including your sister Mallory," She compelled him before standing up. She sighed, finding herself hugging her brother. With that, she sped off, forcing herself to forget about the brother she left behind.

The only one who never treated her like the monster and brat everyone thought her to be.

PRESENT DAY
MYSTIC FALLS