Chapter 1

-Blake Pov-

I smile as I walk into the classroom, and then I look around the room a little bit, before I take my seat in the back of the classroom. The rest of the students begin to file in, and when they do, the teacher is as always the last to enter the classroom. Once she does, the students all begin to take out their textbooks, and the teacher begins to right on the board without spending too much time thinking about it, clearly going through the motions. He hardly ever checks in with the students, which gives me the chance I've been waiting for this entire time.

Once the teacher begins his lecture, he tells us all to turn to a certain page in our textbook, and read as he continues to talk and explain. I smile to myself when this happens, since I know the coast is clear for what I wanna do next. Setting my textbook in my lap, I then took out the book of stories my mom had got me, about the adventures of my favorite character, Ultraman. Ever since my mother had read the first of the stories to be when it was time for me to go to bed, I had loved to read and hear the stories about him, and the adventures he always seems to find himself in.

" Miss Belladonna. Do you have something to contribute to the class which can be found in the book you have, which the rest of don't seem to," says the dry voice of the professor, which makes me jump from the daze I had fallen into because I had been reading and spaced out. I mutter under my breath that I don't, and then he says something about sending an email home to my parents, and then I sigh a little. Of all the days for him to actually teach, he had to pick today.

When I get home, I see my mother and father working on some papers. " I'm home," I tell them, and then they trade a brief look, quickly hiding the papers. Before I have too much time to think about it or wonder what's going on, they come over and hug me, welcoming me home with a smile and happiness in their voice. " Did you two get the email from the teacher," I ask them sheepishly, not wanting to get into trouble.

" I did. You're not in any trouble. You have perfect grades, and the truth is that teacher doesn't know how to teach all that well. I had plenty  of teachers like that the entire time I was in school," said Ghira, clearly about go off topic, and Kali gives him in a playful look, and he nods, and reminds himself to focus a little more. " The point is, neither of us are mad at you. Maybe just be a little more focused in class from here on out," he finishes as Kali nods in agreement. I nod, and smile, running to my room to finish the book.

As I go, I hear the two of them chuckling a little bit. I come down for dinner, where the three of us eat as a family like always. Once I finish, I help them with the dishes before I go up to my room, and sit down as I continue to read with a smile on my face. As always, I space out a little bit when I read, losing track of time. As I keep turning the pages, I feel someone come into my room, but I ignore it for a little bit as I continue to read, before I feel someone shaking my shoulder. I snap out of the daze reading puts me in, and then I look over to see my mother.

" Hey sweetie," says Kali with a smile. " I just wanted to come to tuck you into bed, and make sure you were doing okay. Ghira and I were kind of worried. You don't seem to have any friends, so we just wanted to make sure everything was okay at school. Is anyone bullying you, or giving you a hard time Blake? You know you can always come to us about anything."

I nod and smile at her, setting down my book. " No one's giving me a hard time, and I do have people who I enjoy spending time with, but most of all I enjoy reading. No one ever does that at the school, and they don't seem to enjoy it, so I just sort of figured I could keep to myself," I explain and then Kali nods with a smile, and she lets out a little sigh of relief, and I smile and then hug her, before I reach for my book again with a smile.

" Actually, it's time for your bed time dear," Kali reminds me, and then I look over when I see the time. My eyes widen a little when I see that I've been reading for about two hours. Kali chuckles a little bit at my reaction. She then thinks for a little bit. " If you don't think you're too old for it, then how about you let your mother read you a bed time story," she offers, and then I nod rapidly, loving it when she reads me a story. She chuckles a little and then takes the book from my shelf, and flips through the pages.

" I'm on the one about Zero and Belial," I tell her with a smile, and she nods a little and then flips through until she finds it, and then skims through it before she gets ready to read. I then smile and then lay in the bed, and wait for her to read. She then sits next to me, and strokes my hair in her motherly way, and then I smile as she clears her throat. " I can't wait!" She giggles at my reaction and then gets ready.

" Once, in the Land of Light, there was a warrior named Zero. Zero was a capable fighter, but arrogant. And so, he was banished until he learned humility. During this time, the Ultras came across one of their greatest threats, a former Ultraman named Belial," Kali reads, in her acting voice. " Zero returned to the Land of Light, and confronted Belial over his violent ways, defeating him in one final battle. Zero was then forgiven, and given his rightful title, Ultraman Zero."

I smile sleepily at her, and then she kisses my forehead. " Good night mommy," I tell her, closing my eyes with a smile, before dozing off, dreaming of being a hero like Ultraman was, saving the world from evil.

( Let me know what you thought. I've had this idea for a little)