Chapter 31

-Your Pov-

When the gun shots begin, you shoot awake. You had been half awake before, ever since you had felt Blake leaving your arms. Before you have the time to focus on any of that for too long, the sounds of the gun fire shakes you out of it. You hop out of the door with your staff in hand, and then you begin to fight with them, knocking them aside, and doing the best you can to strike at their weak points, but not any vitals. You don't want anyone to be killed, especially because a lot of them are just misguided, like you and Blake had once been.

All around you, you see your teammates, and the other members of this expedition fighting against the White Fang. You know they're capable fighters, but you just want to make sure that you can keep tabs on them if you need to coordinate team attacks or rescue one of them. " Duck," you hear Valora call, and then you watch as Jaune rolls out of the way as a grunt gets hit with an electric arrow. The two of them high five as Jaune then knocks some other people out of the way for Valora to get a shot on a couple enemies, and then they stand back to back blushing, which makes you smile at them.

Before you have too much time to focus on that, you watch for a little bit when Silver and Pyrrha fight with each other. They seem to have come up with different team attacks for each other, like Silver hopping onto her shield, being propelled into the air and firing barrages of rockets at them. When he lands, he then takes Pyrrha's hand in his, and tosses her, launching her into the horde of enemies, and you smile a little more when you see the blush on either of their faces at the contact.

Finally, you then watch as Karma fights with them. She doesn't have a partner yet, but she doesn't need one, freezing the White Fang to the ground, and then knocking them out with only a few attacks, flipping out of the way of counter fire, or even cutting bullets in half or deflecting them back. The entire time, she has a satisfied smirk on her face, enjoying the fight, which makes you let out a sigh of relief to see that you're entire team is doing well for themselves.

Once you see that they're going to be able to handle themselves, you then turn back to the rest of the White Fang, and then continue to fight with them, knocking them aside and out with their staff. Orb helps you when you need it, telling you when to roll out of the way, or when to block, which makes you smile at him, and then he nods. After a moment, you then see that the last of them are fleeing, and then you let out a sigh of relief when you see that no one had to die today.

" You did it," said Valora to Jaune with a smile on her face. He nods, and then rubs the back of his head sheepishly, and then tries to think something to say as he blush, and then Valora blushes as well at her. She then blushes and also looks down, and you smile at them. A part of you wants to push the two of them together, but you manage to refrain, and just let the cute, if awkward scene play out, which rather than a kiss or a hug, it ends with the two of them doing an awkward high five.

" You make an amazing battle partner," says Silver, somewhat stiffly to Pyrrha, and then she nods and smiles at him. The two of them stand there, not knowing what to say to each other, which makes you chuckle. If you had to guess, the two of them have been raised to be formal at all times, which doesn't help the most when it comes to romantic situations, but you know the two of them are going to get there in time. A chuckle leaves you, and then you turn to give them some privacy.

" You read too many romance novels," says Orb, which makes you jump in surprise, and then you turn to see him in the mindscape. You then calm down a little, and then he chuckles. " Summer did the same thing. She spent too much time reading romance novels, and then trying to set up every couple in the school. When what she really wanted and needed to do was confess to Qrow. The two of them made a beautiful couple in the end. And I'm sure that you and Blake will be a beautiful couple in time. I just hope you get more time to enjoy being a couple. I know Qrow has to regret the time he could have spent with Summer as a couple."

Nodding, he then leaves you to your own devices, and then you decide to take him up on his advice, and then you walk over to Blake with a smile on your face. She gives you a soft smile, not enjoying fighting with the White Fang, just with you. " Hey," you say with a smile. " I didn't manage to get to see you fight. But I have to say, it must have been pretty amazing."

She opens her mouth to say something to you, but before she can, you hear a voice. " Yeah. Pretty amazing. Except you took down White Fang members who were on their way to free some slaves from the Schnee labor mines. And then you let them get away before asking them for any answers, which could have helped with whatever your mission is. But if that's well done, then you really are a bunch of amateurs," it says. Your eyes widen, and then you glance over to the rooftop to see a man with black hair, scars on his face, a black jacket and skinny jeans, a katana on his back and one red and one silver eye.

Ruby and Yang both open their mouths to say something, and then they stutter for a little bit. Weiss then steps forward with her eyes widening. " Jason," she manages to say, and then you look at him, wondering how this is going to go.