Chapter 8

- Your Pov-

You sighed a little as you walked down the streets, wondering what you were going to do. You had told Sienna and Kali where you were going to be, and they had just nodded and then told you when to be back by. As you walked down the streets, you kept thinking about what you were going to do in general with everything that had been going on in your life, and then especially the thoughts of Blake and Adam hugging each other, with her even going so far as to call him her hero. Wiping your eyes, you find your way to the makeshift grave that you and Adam had set up for your mother when you had been taken into the White Fang. Sitting down at it, you smile softly.

" Hi mom. It's me, (y/n). I know that I haven't been able to come here as much as I would like to, but here I am now," you tell her sadly, knowing you haven't been visiting as much as you should have been, or as much as you would like to. " I've been really busy doing different things with the White Fang, and I've been making some friends here and there, but I don't wanna make excuses. I should come and visit more."

No answer comes, and you know you shouldn't have been expecting anything like that, and so you laid down in the grass. Even if no one does talk back to you when you come here, being here does help you think a little bit and it makes everything a little bit easier. When you come here, you just talk and say things you think your mother would want to hear, and when you close your eyes, you can imagine her being there for a little bit. It's nice to imagine she's still there, hugging you as she listens to you talk about your day.

" I think we are managing to make some big steps in the fight for faunas equality," you begin, though some doubts come to your mind when you say this, and then you wonder for a little bit about if you can admit this to your mother, even if it is just you talking to her ghost or her spirit or something like that, especially because the group only formed because of her death in the first place. " But I don't know if I like what it's starting to turn into."

As you say this, you hesitate. Even if you stop now, the feelings welling up inside of your gut can't be ignored anymore. You've had these doubts for a really long time, and you don't know how to deal with them. A soft gust of wind goes over you, and you take it as your mother telling you from beyond the grave that you can always tell her what's on your mind, and she's always going to listen to you.

" When we started, I thought we were making a little progress. We were doing the right thing. We weren't using violence, and things we were going well. Slowly, but well. And then things began to change. Adam began to change. I had seen him get into fights before, but he never started them. He always defended himself. Or me, and Blake. And at first, the leaders of the White Fang were critical of it, and tried to stop him. But now? I've seen Adam starting fights for little to no reason. And while Kali and Ghira still tell him not to, Sienna doesn't try as hard to stop him. She wants to I think, but yeah," you explain out loud, and you have to admit, talking about your doubts helps you make sense of them a little bit more.

The winds pick up, and it's not hard for you to see them as your mother, and her discomfort. You remembered that when you had been younger, she had often tried to work with Adam, and the temper he had shown signs of, and you're sure that if she were here, this isn't the path she would want Adam to be going down. Sighing, you then think about what else you can tell her, or even what you want to do about the doubts you had about being in the White Fang, and the path it was heading down.

" I still want to support Adam, and Blake. The two of them are my brother, and my best friend. She's basically perfect," you admit blushing, and then you think about how Blake called Adam ' her hero' and then you trail off, and the wind goes back to being comforting. " But I don't think I can support the way the White Fang is going, and the direction it's headed in. We used to stand for something, and now, a lot of us are just fighting."

The wind stops for a little bit, and then you think for a little bit, wondering what your mother would tell you if she were here, and then your mind wanders a little to one of the clearest memories you have of your mother, but also one of the last due to the timeline of her death. " In this world, at the end of the day, the only thing we have is our principals. The things we're willing to stand up for, fight for, and if needed, die for," she had told your father before going to a faunas equality rally.

The words had stuck with you for ages, and now, they seem more prominent than ever. The things you're willing to stand up for do include faunas equality and justice for all. But they don't include the violence which the White Fang has been willing to use for sometime now, and the way their version of justice seems to include hating humans the same the humans had hated all of you before. And so, the choice of what you need to do is clear in your mind. " I'm going to have to leave the White Fang," you say softly to yourself.

-Orb Pov-

I manage to finally reach Remnant. The further I go, the more my connection to the World of Light begins to fade a little bit. It's why when Ultraman and beings like us make it to this world, we need to find hosts to be able to save our powers. I sense the presence of Belial in this world, and I know I must act quickly. Looking around the world, I think and then nod when I find who I'm going to have become my host. (y/n) Taurus.