Chapter 4

-Your Pov-

You and Adam walk down the streets with each other, and have managed to make it a little further. Looking around, you notice that a lot of people don't seem to mind as much that the two of you are faunas, this seems like it's a town which is more faunas friendly. You had long since discarded your hat at the urging of your older brother, which has had mixed results before. At the very least though, at least he hasn't gotten into any fights since the time the two of you talked about Belial, which had you a little worried. After all, your mother had read you the bed time stories about Ultraman, and she had always taken care to make sure you understood that Belial had noble intentions, but a darkness inside of him.

" (y/n)," says Adam, snapping his fingers in your face, and you realize you had spaced out a little bit, and then you looked at him with a questioning look, wondering what he had said or asked you about when you had let your mind wander a little bit. He chuckles a little. " You spaced out again. I was just saying that soon we're going to make it to a market. I have a list of the things we're going to absolutely need, but if you have any extra lien, you can get what you want."

Nodding, you smile a little and then count the little bit of money you have with you, and then you shrug when you realize you don't have all that much. Adam then nods and the two of you make your way into the market square. The two of you then look around and then begin buying the things you need, ignoring the looks you get from the occasional vendor who refuses to sell you things, and then both of you wait for a little bit to collect everything neatly. As the two of you do, you hear some talking in the background, and the two of you wonder what it is. But the two of you eventually hear the words ' faunas' and 'equality' and the two of you look at each other confused. " Do you want to go and check that out," you ask him curiously, and then he nods right away and begins to walk down hurried, grabbing a rock along the way to throw if things go wrong.

When you make it to the market square, you look up and see three adults standing in the center, each of them holding a microphone. Two of them are cat faunas, one of them a tall and burly man, and the other a slender woman, clearly his wife. The third of them is a tiger faunas, with tanned skin. Right now, she's the one who's speaking, while the other two nod in agreement to her points. Next to the two cat faunas is a girl, clearly their daughter, standing and nodding every so often. Both you and Adam find yourself looking at her, fixated on how cute she is.

" The faunas, in large are good people," says the tiger faunas. " They have done the best thing they could to be able to integrate themselves with the people, though it has always been met with resistance, with hatred, and with scorn. For too long, we have had nowhere to go. No longer shall that be the case for us." She then puts down the microphone for a little bit, and hands out stacks of paper to the cat faunas, who go and then begin to hand them out to the people in the crowd. The girl ends up being the one to hand you and Adam the flyers, which makes the two of you blush a little bit, seeing her amber eyes and how cute she is up close.

You and Adam then look down at the flier a little bit, and then tilt your heads when you see the symbol of three slashes, and the name ' White Fang' on it, along with recruitment centers, and places that faunas can go to if they need to have someone to turn to, along with the agenda of the White Fang. Before you have time to keep reading, the tiger faunas begins to talk again, which causes you and Adam to look back up at the speakers.

" Our group is called the White Fang. We are here to promote peace and equality for faunas around the world, and be champions of progress and equality. Anyone who joins with us will will have somewhere they can call home, and a group of people who will fight claw and fang for them," she says, while some people in the crowd cheer loudly for her, while some others murmur apprehensively.

Adam for his part, seems to be looking with worship in his eyes at the tiger faunas who spoke, and his grip around the flyer is tight, like he got when he was a kid and he held onto a toy that he didn't want to lose. Still, it's easy for you to see why he had been so impressed, as you're sure that you look similar. " We need to join," he says to you quickly, and then you nod in awe. The two of you wait a little bit for the crowd to disperse, and then you slowly make your way over to the speakers.

" Oh...you two couldn't be Eva's children could you," asks the female adult cat faunas, and the two of you nod sadly. She takes you into a hug before either of you can think too much about it, and it's nice and comforting. " I'm so sorry. My name is Kali. Kali Belladonna. I was friends with her. Amazing friends. She was a kind woman."

The tiger faunas places a supportive hand on both of your shoulders. " As was I. My name is Sienna Khan. I want the two of you to know that I wanted to create this group to prevent similar tragedies from happening. What happened to your parents is such as shame."

Both you and Adam nod before rubbing your eyes, the tears having come right when the fate of your parents was mentioned. The faunas look at you with sympathy in their eyes and on their faces, and then you and Adam nod at each other. " We want to join the White Fang. We wanna make sure no one else loses their mommy and daddy," you said, and then Kali nods.

" Come on then. We're going to get on a bullhead, and then fly to our headquarters. You two are more than welcome to come with us," says Kali, and you and Adam get wide grins at each other, happy to have a place to call home for the first time in ages.