Chapter 26

-Your Pov-

You sit in your dorm, and then smile a little bit as you read. It feels nice to be able to be here, and it feels nice to feel like you can stay here, without needing to run from anything anymore. You're not close with your team, not yet anyways, though you feel like you are going to get there one day, and it makes you smile. You never had a lot of friends in the White Fang, only Blake and Adam, so it feels nice to know that you have more people who you can count on, people who you can trust. When you had left the White Fang, you always looked for the double meanings in things, the ways you were going to be betrayed, like it was a foregone conclusion, and not the worst case scenario. But now? You got to relax a little bit and feel like you were at home.

All of your team is out right now, so you have some time in the dorm to yourself for a little. Valora you know is with Jaune, helping me and training him like she said she would. Silver mentioned something about spending time with Pyrrha, or someone else he knew, and you figured that Karma was going to be training, or working on her weapon in some form or fashion.

There's a knock on the door, and then you sit up and go over to it. You open the door, and smile when you see Blake standing there. " Hey. Come on in," you tell her, and then she nods and walks inside the dorm with you, closing the door behind her. You then turn to look at her with a smile on your face.  " It's good to see you Blake. I saw your fight today. That was pretty impressive. But anyways, sit down. I can make tea or coffee if you want."

Blake shakes her head and then sits down on your bed, and gestures for you to sit next to her. Sitting next to her, a blush comes to your face for some reason, though you do the best you can to hide it or to fight it away. " Weiss showed me the initiation. She showed me when you turned into Ultraman. And then she told me that someone else in the world can do that. Someone named Jason Branwen. But she said his transformation was different than yours. Do you know about anyone else who can do that?"

You hesitate for a moment, and then think. You know Adam can do something like you can, though with Belial rather than an Ultraman, but you hadn't heard of anyone else transforming. Orb had mentioned to you that he had hosts before you, and it doesn't seem like too much of a reach to say Belial had hosts before you, but the timeline of it doesn't seem to line up all that well for you, and so you keep thinking for a little bit. " Orb? Do you know if any other Ultramen have come to Remnant? And if any of them have stayed," you ask in the mindscape, holding up a hand to ask Blake to give you one minute.

Orb thinks about it for a little bit, and tries to think. " None of us are allowed to stay no. Exceptions are when we need to stabilize our host and let them live. Most of the time, we come during times of war or disturbance. We keep the peace, and then we leave. The only Ultraman who have come to Remnant are myself, Belial and....I know Zero was here once. He may be still."

Nodding, you then turn back to Blake. " There have only been three Ultramen to come to Remnant. Belial, Zero and Orb. Two of them are accounted for obviously," you tell her, and then she nods in agreement. " But Ultraman Zero is not. If Weiss had a friend who could transform, then it's possible that he was the host of Ultraman Zero. I think we should try and find him. I need more answers about everything which has to do with Ultraman, and you and I can learn more about Adam and Belial potentially."

Blake nods. " Ruby is going to speak with Ozpin now. I don't know if your team has already decided what their mission is, but I would like it if you would come with me and my team. We're trying to make ours into a missing persons search and rescue, or at the very least finding this Jason," she says, and then you nod and smile. Blake gives you a slight smile. " Thanks for agreeing to help with this. But I need to know. If you and Jason can be hosts without being taken over, I need to know how much of Adam is because of Belial, and how much of it is just who he's always been."

A sad smile appears on both of your faces when you think of Adam, and then everything which has happened to him. You wonder how he's been since both you and Blake left the White Fang, and how he's been handling things since his brother has left, and since his girlfriend and someone he loved left. " There's still good in him," you say and then she looks at you. " There has to be. He's my brother. Until the end, I'm going to believe in him, at least partly."

" I wanted to believe in him, because I believed in his dream. I believed in faunas equality, and everything else. But then I ran, and then things became the way they did. I don't know what's going to happen to him, or to any of us," Blake admits softly. " But I still want what he did. I still want faunas to be equal, and to be able to enjoy Remnant in the same way humans do. I just don't want it to be through violence."

You hug her softly, which causes you to blush, but luckily she doesn't see your blush as she hugs back. " It's going to happen one day. When this is all over, I want to fight for the faunas. Not fighting as in us versus them. But I'm going to become a symbol. A champion of faunas equality," you promise her, and then she nods.

" Thanks (y/n). I'm going to do the same," Blake promises you, and then you give her a small smile, and then she releases from the hug with a slight smile, and then she leaves to go back to her dorm, promising that she'll let you know when and if the mission gets approved, and you nod and and smile. A little bit of time passes, and then you get the text which confirms the mission is approved, and they get to choose who to bring with them on the mission.

Your team then enters the dorm after you, and then you look over at all of them. " Hey everyone. We have our first mission," you tell them, anxious about some of it, but also excited beyond belief for the mission you'll be going on.