Chapter 34

-Your Pov-

You smile when you see that no one has any objections to going and rescuing the faunas from the labor camps, not even Weiss who would have been the most likely to object. Orb nods in the mindscape that you can trust Jason and that he's both the real deal as Ultraman Zero, and someone who will have your back. There are more questions you want to ask him, but right now, all of them can wait as you work on the mission first. " Weiss? You would know these mines better than anyone. Is there any easy way we can get in," Silver asks her, and then everyone looks over to her.

" There are a lot of entrances. There legally have to be, both so light can get in, and also so they have enough exits to be in compliance with the Atlas security laws," Weiss says as she tries to think. " Father never took me to these, at least not from the inside. He showed them to me and said they would be my destiny one day. But I think there's an entrance for fire escapes, and through where he shows Atlas officials the mines to show they don't violate any safety codes."

" Which we all know isn't true," Karma says, hand hovering over her katana in irritation. Everyone looks over at her, not knowing what to say, and her lynx ears twitch with a little annoyance, which makes sense. Even you're a little bit irritated about being in Atlas, so close to the prisons for you and your kind, and also the slavery mines. Karma then sighs a little bit. " It doesn't matter how many there are. With how many of us there are, we can't all go through one. And if we want to save everyone inside, then we're going to need to split up anyways."

You, Ruby and Jaune all nod, and then call a huddle for all of the team leaders so you can come up with a viable strategy. Before that gets anywhere, Jason steps forward. " I know which entrance I'm going through. Right through the front," he declares. Before any of us can say anything, he transforms and then flies off to the mines, and the rest of you sigh in exasperation. You open your mouth to try and coordinate a new plan of action, and before you manage to do that, you see Weiss chasing after Jason, followed by Ruby and Yang.

" So much for all of us going together," murmurs Jaune with something between a sigh and a chuckle. He looks back to see his team, and then his eyes widen when he sees Nora just running off to the mines, hammer in hand, with Ren trying to keep up with her and trying to make sure she doesn't get into any trouble. " Alright then. I guess we're doing it this way," he finishes, with a look of resignation, before he chases after his team, followed by Valora, and then Pyrrha, who in turn is followed by Silver.

Karma dashes with her katana in hand to the guards, and you see her thrash and then knock them out quickly, and then you and Blake follow, and try to make sure she doesn't kill anyone and try to make sure that no one gets hurt. When you get there, you find yourself surrounded with guards who you fight off with your staff. They're just men and women doing their job for the most part. Even if they have the wrong job, they might have families, and you don't want to be the reason people are widowers or orphans.

Eventually, all of the teams meet up in the bottom level of the mines, where all of the faunas are held. Your eyes widen when you see some of them who have been branded by the SDC, those who have been used as pleasure slaves, and those of them who have been worked to death, their bodies not even being buried, just left to rot. Other than Weiss puking at the sight, all of you stand in silence, not knowing what to say. " It's awful," Valora manages to say eventually, and everyone else nods.

All of the faunas step back when they see Weiss, except for one, who steps forward, holding the broken pieces of a shovel in hand. He hasn't eaten in some time, as you can see his ribs and other effects of starvation. His blonde hair is stained with dirt and his eyes seem a little beaten down, but he steps in front of the others. " I won't let you hurt them," he says seriously, even though he looks like he could fall over at any second. All of you lower your weapons, this man clearly not being any enemy. " Well? What do you want here," he repeats.

" We're here to rescue you," you tell him, and then you gesture to your bull horns, and to Karma's lynx ears. You then turn to Blake, and then she shakes her head, and you nod before facing the man. " This isn't a trick. My name is (y/n) Taurus. You have my word that things are going to be okay." You then hear the sound of footsteps outside, and then you turn back to all of the prisoners. " Come with us. We have maybe a minute before the guards and the Atlesian military descends on all of us."

" We're not leaving until everyone does," says the blonde, and then you notice the scars on his monkey tail, and then he smiles softly at this. " My name is Sun. Sun Wukong. If you hold off the guards, I'll have all of them freed and ready to go. You have my word." A feeling just goes through you that you can trust Sun, and then all of you nod and face the door as the guards begin to storm in.

You all begin to fight with the guards, but there seems to be no end to how many of them there are, as they just keep coming, and then you start to see some Atlas soldiers in the mix, which you know is going to complicate things later, but right now you don't have the time to care. Eventually, you see Sun jump in and join the fight, fighting alongside Karma, and handling himself well. After some time passes, the last soldier is knocked out, leaving all of you to pant for a little bit.

" Time to go," says Sun weakly. All of you nod in agreement, and then his eyes flutter shut and he falls over, right into Karma's chest. She scoffs at this, but doesn't push him off, knowing how much he's been through. Carefully, Karma slings her arm over him and begins to carry him to the bullhead.

All of the faunas thank you, and then begin to go their own separate ways. Once you make sure all of them are safe, you begin to watch as your teams climb into the bullhead, and you climb in after. You make it to your room, and then flop on the bed exhausted, and fall asleep right away.