Chapter 45

-Blake Pov-

I smile when I make it into the ballroom with (y/n). It seems so amazing to think that not too long ago, I had been in hear for my first night at the school. Back then, everything had been so chaotic. I was looking over my shoulder every five minutes, worried something was going to happen which was going to drag me back to my past, back to the White Fang. Even when (y/n) came into my life again, I had found myself unable to trust him, with my suspicion and paranoia cranked up to the limits. I remember trying to read in hear, only to be continually interrupted by Ruby, Yang and Weiss. I remember disliking the three of them. And now, I was walking in here with (y/n) as my boyfriend, and with the three girls as my best friends in the entire world, the sisters I had never gotten a chance to have.

As I think this, I see Yang, who had volunteered to check everyone into the dance. She smiles brightly at the two of us, and she looks great in her dress. Even if she didn't come here with anyone, she's going to have the boys and girls rushing to dance with her, and it's fun to see her so happy. " Hey you two! Looking good," she says with a bright smile. She checks our tickets, and then slips me a condom when she does, which makes me blush. Yang then winks at us, and wiggles her eyebrows. " Enjoy your evening," she teases.

Rolling our eyes playfully at her, the two of us walk in. Neither of us need to say anything, which makes me smile. With Adam, there was always that need for both of us to fill a silence before it got tense, but I don't have that with (y/n). As we walk in, I smile when I see Ruby spending time near the punch bowl, with her friend Penny. She waves enthusiastically at the two of us, which makes me smile still, and then (y/n) and I make it to a corner we can stay in between the dances. " Everyone seems so happy tonight," I tell him, which makes both of us smile at the thought.

The last of my teammates I see is Weiss. I smile when I see her dancing and smiling with Jason. Ever since he came back to her, she's been so much happier. I find it funny still how she was the teammate I was the most worried about having, and yet she's the one I'm closest too. Life has a funny way of surprising you, I suppose and she's proof of it. The two of them seem happy, and after they'd been apart from each other for so long, they deserve it. I then turn to (y/n), and he offers me his hand for a dance. Blushing still, I take it within mine, and then lean into him, the two of us eye to eye, blushing profusely at the closeness.

Before the two of us can enjoy this moment for all that much longer, a series of explosions sound outside. For a moment, I think it's fireworks, but then they keep sounding, getting closer and closer, and then I realize they can't possibly be. They're too close, too loud and I can hear things crumbling around them. (y/n) and I nod at each other, and then we run outside to see what's happening, as do the members of our teams. Our eyes widen when we make it outside, only to see the city on fire, Grimm flooding in, and White Fang members in the city.

In the center of it all, stands a woman in a red dress. Her eyes blaze and burn with power, and then she glances at Jason, a glare on her face, which would kill him if looks could do that sort of thing. Next to her, is a familiar face, an all too familiar one. Adam stands there, a purple and red aura surrounding him, the same signature which had been influencing his actions, Belial. My heart pounds slightly faster than it had before seeing him, and then (y/n) steps in front of me. " We don't have to to do this." (y/n) says to him.

Adam cackles at this, and the sound echoes and distorts. " Don't have to do this? Of course we do. Don't you get it brother? We can't keep running in circles like this. The White Fang making progress, only for humans to stop it. The White Fang turning to violence, only to be met with it. The cycle has to end. The stalemate has to be broken. One way or another. I'm going to be the one who breaks it," Adam says. I can't place it, but even though his voice sounds the same, something is different about him.

" Violence cannot drive out violence," (y/n) says, pleading almost for this to end in some way other than a fight, but I just can tell that's the only way this is going to end. My gut churns, but I force myself not to shake seeing the look in Adam's eye. " This isn't what mom would want. This isn't what dad would want. Its not what I want, and it's not what Blake wants. Sienna wouldn't want this. And if that's not enough for you, the old you wouldn't have wanted this either."

" What would you know about what mom and dad would want? They're gone. Because we couldn't protect them. Because we weren't strong enough to do a damn thing. But we are now (y/n). Think about what the two of us could accomplish if we worked with each other. Don't make me kill you. Don't make me do what I had to with Sienna." (y/n)'s eyes widened in shock. " She was in the way. Holding me back. I had to," Adam says simply, though I can sense overwhelming amounts of guilt.

(y/n) shakes next to me, and I can see the anger and hatred set in on his face. He makes fists with his hands, nails digging into his palms so much they begin to bleed. " You bastard. She loved us like her own damn children," he snarls. " And you killed her! Maybe you are beyond saving." Adam smirks at this, as if to say ' of course.' Roaring, the two of them fly for each other, transforming and colliding with each other in battle. Shockwaves fly from them, knocking the rest of us back.

The woman in red then shoots a bolt of fire at us, but Jason hops in the way of it, transforming and protecting us. " Get going, all of you. You can't fight in your dresses. Go and get your weapons. (y/n) and I will keep them busy until you get back. Rescue all the people in need," he says.

Shaking my head out of my stupor and shock, I nod at his words. I begin to run with my team to the lockers where we keep our gear. I look one final time to the fight Adam is having with (y/n). " Be safe (y/n). I love you," I murmur, and then get to the locker. All of us begin changing quickly, determined to save our home, and the people we love.