Chapter 17

-Your Pov-

You look at the Mammoth, and then your eyes widen a little bit. You hadn't expected anything like this to show up before you, and you have to admit, you feel like you might be a little bit out of your league. You've dealt with Grimm before, but never anything of this magnitude. It's kind of a surprise to you that one even showed up here at all, considering that most of the time, they're ancient Grimm who know to avoid humans, and are peaceful. But here one is, with a downright feral look in it's eyes. Still, none of the three people with you seem to want to run, and so you don't either, not wanting to let them down at all.

" Get the three of them to cover you," says Orb suddenly, and then you look in the mindscape to see him standing there in front of you. " If I had to guess, this is because of Belial somehow. Damn him for this. As you are now, none of you are ready to fight something like that. You and I are going to transform now. As we are now, we won't be able to use our full power with each other, but it will still be enough to deal with something like this."

Nodding, you turn to your three teammates, all of them holding their weapons in hand, and you offer them a sympathetic look. " Can the three of you hold it off for me? I'm going to be able to defeat it, but I need a little bit of time," you tell them, and they give you looks as if you're crazy. " Trust me," you tell them, in the voice you imagine leaders talk, and then they nod and look at the Mammoth Grimm.

It begins to barrel forward, and then Karma steps forward first. She plants her katana into the ground. " You best be certain you can defeat it," she says simply. Ice flows through the ground, and then appears in front of the Grimm in the form of a wall. It smashes into the ice wall, and to your surprise, the Mammoth staggers back for a few moments. Karma keeps her katana to the ground, and then she looks at Valora and Silver. " Feel free to help," she says sarcastically as she struggles to keep the ice wall up as the Mammoth smashes into it again, cracking it some more.

As the three of them begin to fight, Orb begins to give you instructions about how to transform into him. " You need to close your eyes, and then imagine everything you wish to protect. Everything that you cherish. When that desire to protect everyone is at it's peak, then you can transform," he assures you, and then you nod and begin thinking of everything and everyone you hold dear to you. Blake. A world of faunas equality. Justice and freedom for all. As you do, blue light surrounds you and begins shooting into the sky.

The Mammoth eventually smashes through the ice and charges for Karma. She picks up her katana and gets ready to fight it. Before she has the chance, some rockets smash into the side of the Grimm, as Silver stands with his rocket launcher. As he does this, Valora shoots explosive arrows into the side of the Grimm, which confuses it, as it decides which of the two of them it wants to go after. " Now," Orb commands, and then you nod and begin running forward. Hopping into the air, the blue light flies into you, and when you land, you land in the form of Ultraman Orb.

The three of your teammates step away from you, and then the Mammoth looks at you, and then growls

The three of your teammates step away from you, and then the Mammoth looks at you, and then growls. Holding up a hand, you gesture for it to come at you, feeling like you can handle anything with all the power flowing through you. The Mammoth takes the bait, and then charges at you. Holding your arms, you brace yourself. When the Grimm charges into you, you're pushed back for a few seconds, before you manage to stop it in it's tracks.

The Grimm keeps struggling in your grip. Without too much of a struggle, you then lift it clean over your head, ignoring as it struggles in your grip still. Then, you bring it down into your knee. It howls in pain as it's back snaps. With a little more effort, you then toss it aside. It falls into the ground, causing a huge crater. Weakly, the Mammoth rises to it's feat. Before you can give it time to recover, you dash in front of it, and kick it in the side of the head, causing it to fall back over.

Suddenly, a beeping sounds in your ear, and then you look down. The blue crystal on your chest has been flashing red, and then you look back up at the Grimm. " Our time in this state is ending soon. We need to finish this now," said Orb, and then you nodded. " As our bond becomes stronger, then we're going to be able to hold the transformation. For now though, I assume you know what to do." You nod to him, and then prepare to end the fight.

Ever since you were a child, you've known how to do this, from all the books your mother would read to you. You overlap your arms in the shape of a lowercase 't' and then a ball of blue energy begins to build up. The Grimm charges at you in panic. Before it makes any process, a bolt of blue energy flies from your arms, and blasts the Mammoth. It howls in pain for a few moments, before exploding and vanishing. With the Grimm gone, blue light flies from your body and then you stand in your normal body, laughing and smiling.

The three of them look at you with looks of awe in your face, and then you rub the back of your head. " That's just my Semblance," you tell them, having been told by Orb to keep his presence here on Remnant a secret. You hesitate. " Let's head back," you say after a moment, and then the three of them nod.

The ceremony to make teams goes by in a blur, though you do pay some attention when Blake gets her team, and then you're called on the stage with the people you had been working with. " And finally. (y/n) Taurus. Valora Greenwood. Silver Adwin.Karma Winters," says Ozpin. " The four of you retrieved the black king piece. You shall be known as team (First Initial)VSK. Lead by (y/n) Taurus."

Your eyes widen a little bit when you're told that you're going to be the leader, but then you smile a little. This is going to be such an interesting four years.