Chapter 9

-Blake Pov-

I sigh to myself as I sit on the bullhead with Adam. The two of us do have our hands linked with each other, but neither of us have said anything to each other. Ever since (y/n) left in the middle of the night, things have been awkward for all involved in the White Fang, especially since my mother and father have left the White Fang as well, due to all of the things wrong with the violent path we've been heading down for sometime. Auntie Sierra is the new High Leader of it, but it seems like she might not be able to hold in the violent urges of the majority all that much longer. I think about it a little bit, and then I feel a hand on my shoulder, and then I look over to see Adam with his hand on my shoulder.

" My love? We're going to be landing soon. Are you ready for what we need to do," he asks, and then I nod softly. He senses some of my hesitation, and then he sighs a little, and his grip becomes more assuring. " I know you don't like the things we have found ourselves doing. But these are difficult times for each and everyone of us. We often have to do things and play roles we don't want to. But if we do this now, then the fight in the future can be easier."

I nod a little, and then get Gambol Shroud and put it on my back, and then I stand up. As always, Adam has a way with words, and he knows the right things to say at the right time, and I want to believe in him, though I have to admit that it's been harder and harder for me to do that recently, though I want to still. More than anything, I want to be the ones doing the right thing. " We're not going to kill anyone are we?"

Adam shakes his head at me, and then he gives my hand a soft squeeze, and then the bullhead lands, and the doors open. " No. We're not going to kill anyone. Unless they make us have to. I don't want to take any life. That's the last thing I want," he promises. " All that's going to happen is we're going to go in and smash up the diner for refusing faunas service. And then we're going to make sure that faunas can safely come here should they choose.

As the two of us step out of the ship, I glance at Adam. For the past couple of days, I've had a bad feeling about him, and the direction everything was heading towards. When (y/n) had left the White Fang, Adam had gone to find him, and he had been gone for two days. And when he returned, he seemed like he was totally different from the Adam that I had known, angrier, more on edge, and quicker to lash out. And when I tried to read his aura, I sensed the almost faint presence of someone or something else with him, but I didn't say anything.

Adam and I, along with the rest of the members of the White Fang all walk into the diner in question with us, and then aim our weapons at the people inside, the employees and the security team. They quickly put their hands in the air in a gesture of submission, though I see one of them reaching for their scroll, and so I shoot it out of his hands. Adam looks at me with a grateful look, and then he turns back to the people in the store.

" Yesterday, associates of ours came here. Not looking for a fight, or to raise their fist against any of you. But to dine here, as they should all be able to do," Adam says, in his impassioned voice. " Now, I am here to offer you an ultimatum. Either accept everyone in here, faunas or human, or we will put you out of business." He then hesitates for a moment, and I see a spark of purple in his aura. " Permanently," he adds, in a voice which sounds slightly distorted.

I open my mouth to say something, but before I have the time, one of the security guards panics and fires a bullet for Adam. He slices it in half with little to no difficulty, and then the rest of security opens fire on him. Adam dashes for them, slicing down the bullets along the way and he stabs one of the guards, before kicking the other aside. He removes his sword from the first guard, and prepares to bring it down on the second. " Adam," I start, wanting him to stop, though finding my feet frozen.

Before I can say anything else, the door opens and then a man with a staff in his hands walks in. My eyes widen when I see who it is. " (y/n)!" Both Adam and I call in shock and confusion. (y/n)'s eyes also widen when he sees Adam and myself. Just then, I see another spark of purple in Adam's aura, and then his stance goes back to being a combat stance. He then dashes at (y/n) and brings down his sword. (y/n) barely manages to block it in time with his staff, and then rolls out of the way.

I bring my weapon up, prepared to support one of them, but I don't know who I want to help. My body trembles a little bit when I think about what I'm having to choose between, and I find myself unable to pull the trigger to help either of them. " No!" I manage to call out as Adam's katana glows purple and then slashes through the staff, and then goes through (y/n)'s shoulder as blood erupts from it.

(y/n) falls to the ground, screaming in pain and clutching to his shoulder. Adam then steps on his stomach, and then brings up his katana again, prepared to end it. Just as soon as it appeared, the purple vanishes from his aura and Semblance, and then he lowers his katana, seemingly just as confused about what happened as I am. " We need to go," he says quickly. Neither of us move for a little. " Now!" With that, he and I snap out of our daze, and then walk back onto the bullhead without saying a word.

My mind begins to raise a little bit, and then I think about what just happened. Adam, in front of my eyes....killed his own brother. As I think that, only one thought comes to mind. My parents and (y/n) were right. I need to leave the White Fang. Before I'm the next one Adam attacks.

-Orb Pov-

Damn him! I can tell that Belial has already managed to get his claws on Adam and has managed to influence what he thinks. I don't think they've bonded enough to be hosts, or to let Belial reach his true form, but either way the bond has already become strong, strong enough to be dangerous.

I float down and look at (y/n) as he's bled to death. Closing my eyes, I convert my body into the spirit form and begin merging with him. The wounds slowly close, and then life enters his body again. I sigh. I wanted to bond with him and be able to go after Belial right away, but for now his recovery comes first