Chapter 3

-Blake Pov-

As I sit in my bed reading, I can't help but wonder for a little bit about something, and then I think back to the other day when I had come home. What had those papers on mom and dad's desk been? They hid them really quickly when I came home, and then neither of them said anything about it, and I hadn't seem them working on those papers for a long time. As I tried to think of what those could be, I kept drawing a blank, and so my mind wandered and tried to come up with answers. I sigh when I can't really think of any, and so I look at the time and see it's a little past five in the morning, which means both of them will be sleeping still.

Standing up, I nod and then rub the sleep out of my eyes. I then make my way downstairs as silently as I can, not wanting to wake any of them up, and then I make my way to the desk where Ghira does all of his work. I open the front of it, and then go through all of the papers which he has messily tossed about. How he finds everything, I will never know. Every so often, I put the papers back where I found them to cover my tracks, but I keep trying to find the paper they hid, which had a symbol of claw marks on it, so I know what to look for.

Smiling, I then find the paper and unfold it. Reading over it, I try to think and make sense of it. Most of it doesn't make sense to me, but my eyes widen when I read the last part of the letter, something about a faunas group which works for equality, and my eyes widen even more when I see that it was signed by my Auntie Sienna. Before I have time to make sense of it, I hear footsteps and I panic and try to put everything back, including this letter.

" Blake? What are you doing up? It's not even morning yet. Also, what are you doing looking through my papers," asks Ghira, tired out of his mind, with Kali next to him, also looking tired. It occurs to me that both of them have sensitive hearing like me, so even if I was silent, they would have heard something. Both of them look at me waiting for an answer, and so I decide to be honest with them.

" When I came home the other day, I saw the two of you working on a paper together, and then you hid it right away when I saw it. I was wondering what it was, and then I figured it was a divorce paper," I admitted softly. " So I got worried. I had to know what it was okay?" My ears flatten against the side of my head, not wanting them to be mad at me. The two of them hug me.

" That's not going to happen. The two of us are fine with each other. I love your father with all of my heart," Kali promises me, and then Ghira nods in agreement. The two of them look at each other, and then nod after a little bit as they read the look in each other's eyes, and then looked back at me. " You're old enough to know Blake. Please sit down," she says, and then I nod and sit down on the couch, and wonder what they're going to tell me, but I am glad it isn't a divorce.

" Did we ever tell you about Eva? When your mother and I went to school, she was one of our best friends," begins Ghira. " She was a cow faunas, and her husband was a bull faunas. They had two children, both of whom are about your age. She was killed recently in an attack on faunas by a hate group, along with her husband. Her two children are alive, but they don't have anyone to turn to." My eyes widen sadly, even if I had never met them, I hoped her children were okay.

" The letter from Auntie Sienna was because she had kept in touch with Eva, and had met her children before. The attack made her realize that things were going to get worse for human and faunas relationships if we didn't do something about it," said Kali, wiping tears from her eyes. " She's a politician. She invited your father and I to help her form a group called the White Fang. The three of us could work together and make sure that nothing like that ever happened again. Your father and I were just talking about what to do."

I nod and wipe my eyes a little, saddened to hear the news about Eva and her children. Ghira wraps an arm around Kali and holds her comfortingly, and then the two of them look at me. " The reason we hid the paper is because the White Fang could become dangerous. It's an all faunas group, and for some humans, they're going to see that as all the excuse they need to hate it, and to take violent action," he explains. " And on top of that, we have you to think about. If we did agree to help her form the White Fang, then we would have to leave here."

Kali nods in agreement, and then gathers her composition. " Eva was my best friend. When I got married, she was my maid of honor. I always hoped one day I could meet her children. And if I can do anything to prevent things like what happened to her ever happening again, then I would. I want to help with the White Fang. But it's up to you Blake." She smiles softly, and then both her and Ghira look at me. " You don't have to decide right away."

I think about it for a little. I think about how much I would miss my mother and father if someone killed them and took them away from me. I think about how scared I would be if I was an orphan, like Eva's children now were, and how I trust mom, dad and Auntie Sienna, and so I nod. " I want you three to form the White Fang. And I want to join with you."