Chapter 28

-Adam Pov-

I sit in the meeting room by myself, and then I wait for everyone to be joining me. I called this meeting today since I needed to speak with all of them, and then find some answers. As always, I make sure to be the first one to arrive, since I want to show them an air of command and of leadership. The doors open after a moment, and then Cinder walks in, with Mercury and Emerald following behind her. Like last time I can't shake the feeling that they just followed her like whipped puppies, and a chuckle almost escapes my lips at the thought of it. Belial then appears next to me in the mindscape so we can talk with each other if I need help or guidance.

" Hello Adam," said Cinder as she takes her seat across the table from me. She then gestures to Emerald, who stumbles over herself to be able to hand her the folders and information she needs for the meeting. I roll my eyes at them, lucky that my mask is over my head which means I can hide my irritation with them. Cinder then slides the folder over to me with a smile. " I think this is going be the best place for us to start this meeting."

Nodding at them, I open the folder, and then my eyes open a little bit when I see files of Beacon students. " These are students who we thought might become a problem for us, and so we kept tabs on them. Do any of these sound familiar," asks Mercury with a chuckle, and his signature smirk. I nod, and then without any of them realizing, I take the files they have on both Blake and (y/n). It's good to know the two of them are going to be at Beacon. At least I have a location for the two of them.

" We got this courtesy of a clever little friend of ours," says Cinder, gesturing to the name 'Whitlet Schnee' in the corner of all of the folders, and then I nod again at her, closing the folder. Cinder then reaches into the sleeves of her dress, and then pulls out a flash drive. She then pulls out a tablet, and then connects the flash drive into the tablet, and hands it to be across the table. I gently take it, and then look at the screen.

My eyes widen a little bit when I see the recording of (y/n) jump in the air, and then transform. I rewatch the clip a few times, looking for evidence the footage has been altered in anyway, or just to make sure my eyes aren't playing tricks on me. When I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that it isn't a trick in anyway, I set down the tablet and look at her. " Most interesting. Is this what you wanted to speak to me about," I ask, careful to keep my voice neutral and not give away any of the emotion I'm feeling.

" Indeed it is. See, ever since our last meeting, I was curious regarding something with you. There aren't many who have enough aura to win a face off with me, but you did. I described to Salem the feeling of the aura I got from you. And she had something interesting to tell me. The way I felt when I sensed your aura was the same feeling she had was when she sensed the aura of her first born son. Belial. So, let's put everything on the table. Adam. Belial. Either. Both. Whatever you happen to be."

I hesitate for a moment, and then Belial gives me a shrug, showing me that he has no idea how to play this either, and he gives me the option to play this as I want to, but he gives me the signal that he's prepared to help me fight the three of them if I need help with it. " I see. Well, then. That's an interesting detail. Neither Belial nor myself knew that," I lie to them, and then I keep any emotion off my face and then Cinder nods to me. "Family is an important thing though. If she is willing to back us up, then I'm going to continue to provide my support."

Cinder then nods, and then hands me files for Teams RWBY, (f/i)VSK and JNPR. I skim through them and then she looks at me. " Several people in this file are going to be direct threats to the plans Salem has for Remnant. As a sign of your loyalty, I would like for you to handle some of these people. Such as Blake Belladonna, the silver eyed girl and your brother," Cinder says simply, and then I give a nod.

" I don't have any idea where any of those people are," I tell them which isn't a lie. Cinder then nods, and then hands me some folders, which I skim through. " Atlas. Interesting. I will be sure to intercept them all," I promise, and then she nods at me with slight friendly smile on her face. I then hand her some of the documents back, and then hold onto the ones I need for now. She then hesitates for a moment, and then she leaves with her followers, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

" We were going to have to deal with Blake and (y/n) eventually," says Belial, and then I nod in agreement. " And I was going to have to deal with Orb sooner or later. I figured the Mammoth at invitation would have been enough to handle things. But I suppose we will have to enact more direct action from this point onward." He then sits in silence for a little bit. " When we get to Atlas, at least will have the chance to enact revenge on those who wronged you before," he declares with a shrug.

Nodding, I then look out the window. Atlas. It's been ages since I went. But if I was ever going to return, now would be the best chance for me to be able to get some revenge on those who branded me, and then also get a chance to see my brother and Blake once more.