Chapter 2

-Your Pov-

You and Adam make your way through the town with a soft smile on your face. You look around every so often, and try to find someone who will look upon the two of you with some concern in their eyes. You both were wearing old and dirty clothes, and hadn't eaten in some time. When you saw some people glaring at the bull horns the two of you have, you get an idea and then look around a little bit, until you find a hat which had been discarded. You put it on and then adjust it the best you can to make sure that no one can see your faunas horns.

" What do you think you're doing," asks your brother, and then you look over to see Adam looking at you with confusion clear in his eyes. You wonder what he means for a little bit, and then you see him pointing to the hat. As you think of what to tell him, you look over and you see people looking at the two of you, and since they can't see your horns, they don't glare at you anymore, but since they can still see Adam's, they continue to glare at him and then walk by without saying anything else to him.

" The people are scared of us because the two of us are faunas. And with everything going on, it makes some sense. I don't like it either, but if we hide our horns, then maybe people will be more willing to help us, or at least they won't try to throw things at us," you explain to him. Adam things about it for a little bit, before he knocks the hat off your head, and glares at you a little. Before you can ask him anything else, he picks you up by the collar and then pins you to the wall, glaring at you still.

" We're not going to hide who we are (y/n)," Adam says angrily. " We shouldn't have to! We're faunas! Our mother and faunas were both faunas, and some of the best people we knew were faunas. Just because the humans don't get it doesn't mean we should have to hide who we are! I'm never going to and you shouldn't either!" He then hesitates for a little bit, and then sets you down gently. " I'm sorry. I didn't mean to lose my temper like that. Ever since mom died I...I'm sorry."

You nod a little bit and then stand up. You can't stay mad at your brother for all that long, and so you rub your throat where he grabbed and then he helps you up. " I understand. I miss her too. But she always used to tell us that the humans would learn in their own time that faunas weren't all bad. We have to take it at their pace sometimes," you say to him, before you reach for the hat with a sigh. " If we don't do this, then we might die. And that isn't what she'd want."

Adam thought about it a little, and then nodded without saying a word. " Look (y/n), I understand what mom said. But she never hid her horns. She was who she was, and didn't do anything to hide it. And the two of us shouldn't either. I'm your older brother. I want to protect you, and part of that means me helping you accept you for yourself. Don't hide your horns," he said, and then you nod. He smiles softly. " We'll figure it out. We always do."

Nodding, you then put all the trust you can into your older brother, and then the two of you find a place under the bridge to stay for the night. You yawn, and then he looks at you. " Get some sleep. When you wake up, I'm going to be back with food and water. Just trust me," he says, and then you nod and doze to sleep, having a nice dream as you remember your mother and father, and how amazing they had been to you. A little later, you open your eyes, and then you see Adam sitting there with some food and a split lip.

" What happened," you asked him as you sit up and then he smiles at you, and then gestures to the food, which you do take and then begin to eat. It had been weeks since you had gotten to eat a good meal, and so it was nice to be able to have one for once. Still, you look at his split lip, and then you wonder about what happened. " Seriously though Adam, how did you get this? We have no money, and then what happened to your lip?"

Adam sighed for a little bit, as if he was thinking about something, and then he looked away from you, not meeting your eyes. " There was a kid walking home. He had some groceries, and I asked if I could have some. He said I couldn't, and I knew the two of us needed to eat soon. I grabbed some of them, and ran off. Or I tried to. He went and hit me. It had to be done," he says, and then you look at him somewhat dissapointed. " It had to be done," Adam said again, and a part of you wonders if he's trying to convince him or you about it.

" That's not what Ultraman would have done," you tell him, reminding him of the book of stories your mother had used to read to the two of you at night, and then Adam looks over at you with a glare. " In fact, resorting to violence is something Belial would do." When you say this, he sighs and then continues to eat. He sits in silence for a little as he thinks of what to say, and then he takes some deep breaths to keep himself in check.

" Belial wasn't the villain. If anything, it was the Ultraman King who was evil. All Belial was trying to do was protect the people who couldn't protect themselves. Everyone who couldn't see that was wrong," said Adam angrily. He then sighed and took a deep breath. " Just go to sleep. We're going to keep figuring this out."

You nod, not wanting to argue with him about the book and the memory of your mother, and so you doze off. Right away, as you sleep you have dreams of being a hero, and being able to protect everyone. Like how your mother had protected the two of you and how Ultraman had protected the world.