Chapter 41

-Blake Pov-

I sit in my dorm, a smile on my face as I read my book, the morning, for the most part being nice and peaceful. All of us are extremely tired due to the mission, and the constant fighting we had found ourselves in, so having some days off school to relax and be able to spend with our friends is nice. Even with the dance coming up, all of us are excited. Dances aren't usually my thing most of the time, I find myself out of tune with the music which most people seem to enjoy, and I find that I can't dance to save my life. And I've never been the type to enjoy looking for a dress, getting ready or anything like that. But it feels nice to be able to feel like a teenager, and to have something like that to worry about. Something normal.

Out of the corner of my eye, a smile comes to my face when I see Jason and Weiss sitting next to each other on a piano bench, the two of them practicing together. I find it somewhat funny how the teammate I had been the least enthusiastic about having became the one I grew the closest too and the fondest off. Maybe it's because the two of us actually have the most in common and because the two of us are the most mature of our team. But, I'm glad she's happy, and the smile on her face reminds me of the one which I assume is on mine whenever I get the chance to spend time with (y/n).

I feel a pair of eyes watching me, and so I close my book, keeping my pace carefully marked, and then I chuckle softly when I see Yang watching me curious. I can't help but chuckle a little at her, her being one of my other best friends. " Yes Yang? How can I help you," I ask in a teasing manner, since I do wonder how long she had just been waiting for me to notice her.

" Well, I tried to get your attention when I woke up, but I saw you were reading, and I figured that I would have to wait for at least an hour," Yang teasingly states, and I roll my eyes playfully at her. " I was just saying how Weiss invited all of us to go dress shopping with her today before we have to do our part in setting up for the dance. Find a nice dress for (y/n)." She says, wiggling her eyebrows teasingly at me.

Rolling my eyes, I smile a little at her words, and then I think and nod. " I used to have one, but when I left the White Fang, I didn't have time to bring it with me, so I will need one," I admit, and then Yang and Ruby nod, both of them having figured out that I used to be a part of it, and I've answered all their questions about it already. " Who are you going to be going with?"

" I'm going with Fox," Yang says. " He was helping me with my form, and the two of us sort of hit it off from there. I don't know if it's a date, but it'll just be nice to have his company while I'm there. Rubes is going to go, but really just by herself to spend some time with friends. The loved birds haven't talked about it much, but I know Jason and Weiss are going to be going together, and then of course you and (y/n)."

Nodding at her words, I can't help but space out a little bit when I think of going to the dance with (y/n). The first dance I had ever been to had been when I was six or seven years old. I remember it being for the White Fang to raise money, and we had gotten a decent amount of people to come. I remember being scared of all the adults I didn't know, all the people who I didn't know. But, I remember that being the first night I danced with Adam, and one of the first times I had seen how in love my parents were, even after years of being married.

Both of those things had made me so happy when I had been a kid. The giddy rush of dancing with someone I had a crush on, and also the knowledge that my parents would always be madly in love. And here I was years later, and the dance would have some amazing things again. I would get to dance with someone I love and have feelings for, and I would get to see that the feelings I have for (y/n) never lost their innocence, or their charms. They only grew with time, which was amazing to think.

Yang snapping her fingers in my face snaps me out of the trance, and then she chuckles a little. " Wow. And I thought I had a short attention span," she jokes with a shrug, and then she smiles at me. " Well, give me a few moments to get ready, somehow manage to separate the love birds from each other, and then wake up Ruby, and then we can head down for dress shopping." She says with a smile. I smile back, though I open my book again, knowing that it will take awhile for her to be able to manage that one.

A bit of time passes, and then I set down my book when all of us are ready to go. We make some conversation on the way there, though for the most part, it's Ruby and Yang teasing Weiss about how she's dating their older brother, which Weiss tries to deny, though she doesn't look convincing with the massive blush that's on her face the entire time. I smile fondly at the dynamic and interactions the four of us share, but more than anything, I find myself unable to wait until the day I can begin my future with (y/n), it seeming possible for the first time in ages. And it feels wonderful.