Chapter 19

-Blake Pov-

I smile a little bit when I open the door to my dorm, and then I look around for a little bit. Other than being in the same team as Weiss Schnee, one of the biggest haters of faunas in Remnant, I think I can learn to get along with this team in the end. For some reason, I don't feel on edge with people. Most of the time, when I meet new people, especially after leaving the White Fang, I feel like I'm on edge, one second away from needing to fight. But with them, it feels like I can let my guard down a little bit, and get to know them. Despite this, I hold down the feeling, not knowing if I can trust them, especially Weiss.

Before I can think too much, and before my thoughts can take me down a dark path, the voice of my team leader, Ruby Rose snaps me out of it, and then I look over to her. " Alright team! It's time for us to unpack and get ready for the night," she says, with an excitement which makes me chuckle before I can stop myself. Weiss grumbles at her excitement, and then Yang, my partner nods and ruffles Ruby's hair.

The four of us look around the room as we step in, and then we think in our own ways about how this is going to be our home for the next four years. Each of us is quick to find their own corner of the room which we want for ourselves, for me it's one by the window so I can have better lighting as I read, then the four of us all begin to unpack. Though for me, all of what I have with me is changes of clothes, and books. I didn't have time to bring anything else with me when I left the White Fang suddenly.

I sit on the bed reading, as the others unpack. It doesn't surprise me that Weiss is the last one to finish unpacking, since she has the most stuff out of the four of us by far. I don't say anything, and then I just sit on my bed and take out a book as I begin reading with a slight smile on my face. Before I can get too much into reading, I then hear the conversation Ruby and Yang are having, and curiously, I tune in a little bit, though my eavesdropping is obscured by me reading still.

" And then apparently, he just jumped into the air, and then blue light flew from him," Ruby was saying excitedly. " He transformed and looked really different, and then he beat up the Grimm with his bare hands, even though it was a Mammoth Grimm!" Yang looks skeptical, and then Weiss rolls her eyes and then scoffs at the story. Ruby sighs a little and then hesitates. " I'm being serious everyone," she says.

" Alright Rubes. Well, I for one believe you," says Yang. " That sounds really cool," she admits after a little bit of a pause, and then she looks at Ruby. " It sounds like you want to talk to him about his powers." Ruby nods rapidly. " Alright, well I'm sure I can help track him down for you. Did you catch his name when all of the teams were being called? If we know that, then I'm sure it won't be too hard for us to find him."

" Uh let's see. He was a member of the last team to be called. He had red hair, and then blue eyes. But also bull horns. I think his name was (y/n) Taurus," she says, and then Yang nods, though my eyes widen rapidly, and I'm lucky they aren't looking my way. Are they really talking about (y/n)? There's no way it could be him who did that. He never showed that ability when I knew him and Adam, and it sounds almost like the Ultraman transformation from the story books I read when I was a child.

Clearly, I'm not as good as hiding my reaction and shock as I thought I had been, and then I put down my book when I notice Yang looking at me curiously. " You jumped a little there," she points out. " Do you know this (y/n) guy?" She then gets a teasing look in her eyes. " Is he your boyfriend? Ex-boyfriend? Fiance," Yang keeps guessing, and then I shake my head. " Well you can't just jump in shock and then not tell us why."

I don't want to say anything, since I don't even want to get into some of the details, but then Ruby and Yang both begin chanting ' Tell us' over and over again, which makes Weiss roll her eyes, though I can tell from her body language that she's also confused, and wants to know. For some reason, I find myself sighing and then agreeing to give them the answers they want, trusting them.

" (y/n) is my best friend. Or he was at one point. I don't know anymore. I hadn't seen him in ages, and so we lost touch. I don't know if he even remembers how close the two of us were," I tell them in the end, not wanting to give them all of the details, or even close to all of them, but enough so it isn't a lie. I then sigh when I think of how close the two of us had been at one point.

The three of us sit in an awkward silence for a little bit, with none of us knowing what to say to each other. I see their mouths open and close for a few moments, and then I sigh when I realize that I've made things awkward for my team before anything has even had a chance to open. In the end, I see Yang nod, and then she stands up, and looks at me.

" There was someone. Who I used to be close with. And we would spend everyday with each other, and it was amazing. He was my best friend, and someone I could always count on," Yang says, and then she hesitates. By the look on Ruby's face, I pick up that she also knows who Yang is talking about. " And then one day, he just left. He was gone. I wish I could have had one more day with him. One more chance to be close to him. If (y/n) is here Blake, you don't want to lose that chance."

My eyes widen a little when I realize how mature Yang is being, and also how right she is. " Thank you. Thank you Yang," I tell her, and then I smile softly and then stand up. " I'll be back," I tell them, and then they nod. Before I can find a way to talk myself out of it, I then dash out of the dorm, determined to find (y/n) and his team, to make things right.