Chapter 36

-Adam POV-

I step out of the bullhead, and then look around Atlas. It's been a long time since I was here, though I would have been happy if I never had to come back. Just being here makes all of my nerves stand on edge, and it makes my brand burn even more. Still, I know if I'm going to make my dreams a reality, then I'm going to have to come here, and work to make things right. So, I take some deep breaths and force down my nerves and calm down a little bit. " What happened here," I ask one of the White Fang members who was passed out when I arrived.

" The cat faunas you told us about. Blake was it? And the bull faunas who's your brother. Sienna told us to try and bring them back so they could talk to you, so we followed their bullhead which came here for a mission of their own. When they landed, we attacked them. And then they had their teams with them, and there was a fight. We were outmatched right from the start," he says, and then others nod as they confirm the story. I nod a little and then think about what to do.

" I see. Please tell Sienna that I can handle things with Blake and (y/n.) In fact, I may be the only one who can deal with the two of them. And please set up a meeting with Sienna for me when I return. There are things I need to discuss with her," I say, needing to speak with her about her orders about Blake and (y/n), and also to get some approval for some missions of my own I want to go on. " All Of you head back to one of our bases and get healed. All of you did well today."

They nod and then hurry out of their quickly, which leaves me alone with my thoughts, and with Belial, who as always, hovers next to me in the mindscape. " Well now, this is interesting," he mused, and then I glance over to him, and he gestured to some of the craters and the blast marks in the ground. " I'm sure if you could focus you could sense it as well. But other Ultramen have been here before. Orb, who we knew who was on Remnant. But the second signature? Ah. That's a surprise. Ultraman Zero."

I close my eyes a little bit and try to sense what he's referring to, and my eyes widen a little once I manage to sense it. Both the presence of Orb, and of my brother. But also the other Ultra he mentioned, Zero. But to my surprise, the energy signature of Zero has both the energy of Belial and of Orb, and I turn to Belial, wondering what this is. " Belial. No more games. No more secrets. What does Zero have the signature of you, Orb and what aren't you telling me," I ask him, not in the mood for his lies, half answers or misdirection anymore.

" You're right Adam. For this to work, there can be no more secrets between the two of us. I've only withheld information from you because giving it to you all at once would have been too shocking. Too surprising to handle," Belial says, and I can't help but roll my eyes a little at his excuses, his way of flipping the switch and turning things from me, placing the blame on someone else. " Zeros host....Jason Branwen. Is the son of myself and Orbs former hosts. Qrow Branwen and Summer Rose."

I don't even have time to ask any of the many questions which come to mind when he says this, and so I walk to the scene where the fight took place and I observe it. " It would appear that Orbs signature has grown stronger since the last time we observed it. The bond between my brother and himself must have grown stronger. And it would appear that Zero has quite a strong bond. Due to his heritage no doubt," I say, glaring a little at Belial when I say that bit at the end about it.

" Jason was intended to be my ace in the hole, a last trump card. He was supposed to be hated for being my son, hated for what he did and how he acted. And he was supposed to have no one to turn to when he needed them. The resentment and hatred was supposed to drive him crazy," explained Belial. " The one thing I never counted on was Summer Rose's kindness, and how she loved her son anyways. And the intervention of his aunt, Raven Branwen. They turned what was supposed to be my greatest weapon into their own."

" Mothers will do almost anything for their sons," I tell him, remembering all the times Eva was there for me, running with me on her shoulders, cuddling me, reading bedtime stories or in general just being an amazing mother to me and to (y/n). " And even aunts," I tell Belial, thinking of Sienna. " Human kindness. Human emotions. In general it's the one emotion that cant be left out of plans. The human element. Sienna and I often have trouble with that ourselves. With Jason, it's too late to get him to our side. We have to just deal with them both. Orb and Zero."

Before Belial can say anything else to me, I feel a hand on my shoulder, and then I look over to see Cinder. I wonder how and when she arrives, but she gives a soft smile. " They're already on their way to Beacon. We didn't have the manpower to intercept. It seems we're going to have to do this in a different way," she says, and then I nod. " My way."

" What's the plan then," I ask her, not in the mood right now to argue semantics, to argue about who's in charge. Everything about today has been so overwhelming that I don't have the energy to assert myself.

" There's a school dance soon. Most of the students are going to be off their guard and working on getting ready. That will be our best chance to cause some chaos. And I can't wait to watch them all burn," she says, making a fire in her hand and then snuffing it out.