Chapter 46

-Your Pov-

You fly towards Adam, and the two of you collide with each other in mid-air. Energy flies from the two of you, as your transformations finish. After a struggle, the two of you land on your feet and then shoot each other glares. His mouth tilts up in a smirk, which makes you even angrier. Running to him, you punch him in the stomach, and then the jaw, wanting nothing more than to beat that stupid smirk off his face. " Sienna did nothing other than love us like we were her own children! She adopted us! Gave us a home, and loved us! Did that mean nothing to you?!"

As you beat on him, he slips and ducks under one of your punches, and then elbows you in the stomach. He follows up by sweeping your legs. As you fell you wrap your legs around his chest, and spin, driving his head into the ground. You then straddle his chest and begin to punch and kick at him. Though, he manages to defend himself and get in some punches on you, you refuse to let up, and you continue to attack him with all your strength. " She was in the way. How many times do I have to say it? That we need to let the past go?"

Driving your fist down, this time, Adam catches it. A pulse of energy flies from him, sending you through a series of buildings. As you get to your feet, he flies in front of you, and punches you down again. As you fall, you hold your hand out and send a pulse of energy through him, which sends him crashing into the ground below. You then fly down, smashing your feet into his chest and driving him into the ground. Before you can follow up, he grabs your legs and then tosses you aside. " She always believed in you Adam. And that's how you repaid her?"

Purple lighting flies from him, and he comes out in agony. Part of his body returns to normal for a second, but then it quickly becomes Belial again. It seems like you struck a nerve. Good. You then leap for him, and then land a haymaker on his jaw. As he staggers, you kick him in the gut, which causes him to double over in pain and spit out some blood. Grabbing his shoulders, you then headbutt him as hard as you can and he falls over. " I never took you for the sucker punch type," he says, coughing up blood. Before you can react, a blade of purple energy forms on his hand, stabbing through your stomach.

You cry out in pain, and then Adam/Belial stands up, holding you by the blade. He sneers at you, though for brief moments, parts of his body return to normal and then back to Belial. Before you have too much time to think about it, he prepares to go for the killing glow. Blue energy floods from you and causes an explosion, sending Adam flying. " And I never took you for the type to kill our mother Adam. People surprise you," you tell him angrily, as you hold your wound.

Adam rises to his feet. For a moment, his face returns to normal. He opens his mouth to say something, and then the essence from Belial returns. He flies over to you, and then knees you in the wound. As you double over, he uppercuts you, and then you fall onto your back. He walks over, sneering still. " I don't want to kill my family," he says, though how sincere it is you can't tell. " Surrender, and I'll let you live."

The color timer on your chest begins to glow. You're almost out of time. Between the time limit you have, and the energy you've had to use already, you doubt you have much longer. Maybe a minute. Glaring, you hold your arms out in the shape of a cross, and energy flies from it, blasting Adam. He staggers back and you rise to your feet, making it stronger and stronger. " We're not family. Maybe we never were," you tell him angrily. " You're no brother of mine."

He tries to stand up again, but the beam blasts him back to his knees, and he struggles to rise. The essence from Belial fades off him, and then flies off as a ball of black light. " I'll handle Belial," Orb says , and his essence leaves you. He turns into a blue orb, flying after Belial. The beam fades, and you return to normal, and you glare at Adam as he tries to get up. Walking over to him, you kick him in the ribs, and he rolls over and lays on his stomach. His mask is broken and you can see his eyes, bruised, swollen and branded.

" (y/n)? Is that you?" He asks weakly, and then you nod with a glare and press your foot further into his chest. He cries out in pain, but doesn't make any move to grab his sword or anything else. " You have to....you have to kill me. Before Belial can come back and posses me again. You have to end this all. Here and now. Once and for all." Adam practically pleads with you to do this, and it makes you hesitate. This could all be part of his plan, and you could be giving him what he wants without even knowing it

Still, this is going to be the best chance you ever get. Belial is gone, and it's just you and Adam. Stepping off his chest for a little bit, you walk over and grab a sword from a student who had been attacked by a Grimm. You then walk back to Adam, and then step on his chest again. " You little shit. It just wasn't enough for you was it? To try and kill me. You had to kill Sienna too? You know I thought....I thought you were better than that." You tell him

Adam weakly coughs, and then he looks up at you. " You left....and Blake left. The Schnees took me and branded me. Like an animal. I was at my lowest point. Belial was there. Offering me power. A way to make my dreams come true. I took it. And it became a nightmare. At first, he let me use his power. But then, he took me over. And he possessed me. Made me do things. Like kill Sienna. I tried to stop it. To stop him. I wanted to do the right thing. I missed being...the good guy."

" You didn't miss it enough to actually do the right thing," you tell him, trying to harden your heart. Your arm trembles. How can you do this? This is your big brother. Someone you looked up to. Cared about. He cared for you. Looked out for you. He was your first, and best friend. You fought side by side, you played with each other. And yet, here you were. Closing your eyes, you took some deep breaths. For all of Remnant, you have to do this. And so, you raise the sword and prepare to bring it down.

" (y/n) stop!!" A voice calls, which snaps you out of it for a moment. You open your eyes a little, and then glance to where the voice came from. To your surprise, you see Sienna, holding her stomach. Bandages are pressed to her side, soaked red, and she's panting, weak and out of energy. " Stop. There's been enough death today. And that's without seeing my children kill each other."