Chapter 14

-Blake Pov-

I hug (y/n), and stay close to him. It's so good to see him again. Even If I had only been attracted to Adam when I was in the White Fang, I was still really close with (y/n). He always read with me, spent time with me, and the two of us spent a lot of time together. Other than my family, and other than Adam, he was one of the people I was closest to in the world. He was always someone I could count on, and being able to count on someone was nice. When he died, it had broken my heart in some ways, and it made me realize that there was no way I could stay and continue to support the White Fang.

As I stay close to him, my paranoia and fear that the White Fang is going to do something drastic to get me to come back hits me again, and then I have to think about all the ways that they could have made me see this, and so I release from the hug. Just in case, I keep my hand close to Gambol Shroud, and then I look at him, looking to see if I can find a difference in his physical mannerisms or appearance. Once I can't find any of those, I begin to scan his aura, to see if it isn't the aura that used to belong to (y/n).

When I had first felt Adam's aura, I had compared it to fire, or maybe to lightning. It felt warm, and intense, sometimes a little to intense. But if it had been a fire based aura, then I had been drawn to him and his passion like a moth to a flame. (y/n)'s aura had never been like that for me. For me, his aura had always been calm, sort of like the ocean or something like that. But, it was always comforting to be around, and so I let out a little sigh of relief when I realize that his aura is still the same, which means he's the real (y/n), and this isn't a trick at all.

" I'm glad you're here. I'm glad you're okay. But (y/n), how are you even alive? I saw...we all saw what happened. That wound through your shoulder. It was fatal. We left before it, but you should have bled to death," I say softly, barely above a whisper. I then hesitate for a moment more, and then I manage to make eye contact with him. " And I'm sorry. I should have left when you did. Or I should have done something during the fight. Maybe I could have helped you."

(y/n) smiles kindly at me, and then I let out another sigh of relief. I wouldn't have blamed him if he had been angry with me for not helping him when he was fighting Adam, but knowing that he doesn't, a weight has been lifted off my chest, and I can finally begin to forgive myself for what happened, though it might be sometime before all of the guilt ends up going away.

" The fight happened so quickly, there wasn't really an interval for anyone to jump in. You didn't have all that much time to think about what you wanted to do, and there was no way to know for sure that you helping wouldn't have accidentally made things worse," (y/n) says with a smile, which makes me nod. Even after what happened, he's still giving me an out, and a way to explain my actions, even when I hadn't been looking for one.

" Thank you. For saying that," I tell him, not fully ready to forgive myself for how it happened just yet, but the fact he is ready to forgive me makes me smile softly. He nods, and the two of us stand there in silence for a little bit. The two of us have so much to talk about, and yet that just makes it harder for me to pick a topic I want to focus on with him. We sort of stand there awkwardly looking at each other. " How did you even survive? By the time any doctors arrived, you would have bled to death."

(y/n) hesitates for a little bit, and then he shrugs. I narrow my eyes at this, wondering why he's holding something back from me, and then I try to sense his aura for a little bit, and then my eyes widen when I realize what happened to him. Still, I wait for him to try and explain himself to me. " I guess I just had someone up there looking out for me," he says with a shrug, and then a chuckle leaves him. " Otherwise it might have just been the end of me."

" It was good to see you again. I'll see you around then," I said with a soft smile, and then I begin walking off from him quickly, maybe a little too quickly, as out of the corner of my eyes, I see him trying to catch up with me, though I force myself to keep walking away from him, needing to get away from him quickly for a little bit, so I can think about everything which just happened to me, and with him in general. Once I make it away from him, I sigh and then sit down on a bench, and put my face into my hands.

When I sensed (y/n)'s aura for the second time, it was when I realized what happened to him. During the last month or so I had been by Adam's side, there had been a second presence in his aura. I could never tell what it was, but if I had to guess, I would say that it had something to do with the differences in his behavior and in his actions. When I had scanned through (y/n)'s aura just then, I had felt traces of another aura within it, similar to the presence that had been in Adam.

Granted the aura within (y/n) had been calmer, it had been gentler, and it had been almost assuring, just like (y/n) himself was for me. But, I would still need to be careful around him, at least until I had the answers for what happened to Adam, and then to (y/n), two of the most important people in my entire life.