Chapter 39

- Your POV-

You step out of the bullhead when the doors open, and you have a smile on your face the entire time. Everyone seems to be slightly, or much happier than they had been when the trip begun. Jaune and Valora for one, are closer with each other, and as the two of them walk off the ship, their hands brush with each other every so often, causing the two of them to blush lightly. Silver and Pyrrha exchange smiles as the two of them walk off, and the two of them exchange awkward but endearing compliments back and forth for each other. Even Karma, while she doesn't smile seems to be more at ease, even with Sun practically hanging on her, and trying to flirt with her.

RWBY as a team also seems to be more at ease, and much more relaxed. Ruby and Yang seem to be so happy that the two of them are going to be able to get to know their brother, or cousin again, and get caught up with him after all the years. And Weiss seems happy to have Jason back, as the two of them stand close enough it might as well be called cuddling while standing up. Even Blake, seems to be completely at ease, and she subtly links your hands with each other, causing both of you to blush.

" This was a complete and utter success," Orb says to you, which makes you smile. He nods kindly at you, and then thinks for a few moments. " In time, you're going to need to more actively seek out Belial, and you're also going to have to speak with Jason. I suspect the two of you have all the information you need between the two of you, but need to combine it. But for now? Take this time and enjoy it with your team. With your friends. Oh. And with your loved one."

You blush a little bit at his words, and then you nod, knowing he's right. You're done with denying your feelings for Blake, and now you want to actively make it happen between the two of you. You feel like you're closer than ever with her, and that there's a real chance the two of you can be a couple. Maybe even married someday? Thinking about that makes you blush and smile, and you turn to your team with a smile. " Good work out there, all of you. I'm gonna be in the dorm."

Nodding, each and everyone of them goes to work on their own thing for a little bit. Valora to spend time with Clover and with Jaune, Silver to spend time with Pyrrha, and then also Karma goes to train, followed by Sun. Ruby, Yang and Weiss all go with Jason to get caught up a little bit more, and then you and Blake smile at each other for a little bit. " I think I'm going to lie down and read for a little bit," Blake says. " Maybe work on a letter for mom and dad."

" That all sounds good," you tell her with a smile, and then she nods at you. " Maybe you can talk a little bit about me in the letter? About how we're making some progress both for helping the faunas, and then also you can maybe tell them that the two of us are making some progress with each other as a couple? I think I'd just be in my dorm and then lay down. I'm pretty sleepy still. Each transformation is like running a marathon. I'll see you tomorrow?"

Blake nods, and then takes both of your hands within hers. " I'll be sure to talk about you in the letter. I think Kali is going to be happy beyond belief. She always used to tease me about you. Wondering if I had a crush on you. Even when I was with Adam. I didn't get it back then but I do now. And Ghira won't be too angry. He always did like you," Blake said smiling, which makes you feel happy. " If I'm gone for too long, Yang will never shut up about it cause she knows I like you I think. So, I'll see you soon." She then pecks your lips, and then walks off with a smile, and you're left blushing and smiling.

You then make your way back to the dorm like you had said you were going to be, and when you make it inside, you see that Valora and Jaune are there, with Silver and Pyrrha. The four of them playing some board game, laughing and having some fun, which makes you smile at them. They don't notice you since they're working hard on focusing, and then you flop down on the bed. They chuckle and wave at you, and then you reach and grab a book to pass the time.

As you read, you look down at the two sets of people who you know are going to be a couple one day, you just have the feeling about that the four of them are going to be able to work it out one day, and get with each other. The laughter and the smile on all of their faces, makes you smile in turn. And it makes you happier still to think that one day, you and Blake will probably be a couple like that in time.

Eventually, Pyrrha and Jaune stand to go back to their dorm, and held Silver and Valora stand up. Exchanging sheepish and awkward hugs, the two of them wave goodbye, and then head down their way, as Silver and Valora lay down in their beds, a happy smile on their faces, which must mirror your own. Orb gives a knowing smile, and you can almost feel the wistful smile he has at situations and couples which must mirror the ones he saw when he was being hosted by Summer. The thought of it makes you smile, and you close your eyes and then drift off to sleep, dreaming of Blake, and of being with her. Soon, you told yourself. Soon.