Chapter 10

-Adam Pov-

I sit on the bullhead with Blake, neither of us saying a word to each other. I reach for her hand, and then she pulls away, and looks away from me. I nod softly to myself, expecting that much, or even worse. I take out my katana, and then I try to remove the blood from it, though I can't manage to do it all that well. As I clean it, one thought keeps echoing through my mind. This is (y/n)'s blood. This is my brother's blood. Guilt runs through me, and I can't chase it away from me. I put away the katana so I don't have to look at it, but I can't help but feel some sense of guilt because of what happened to (y/n), and the role I had to play in it.

When the bullhead does land, I stand up as soon as the doors open and then I walk out quickly, before anyone can talk to me. I feel Blake waiting a little bit more before she gets up and leaves after me. I don't say a word to anyone, until a grunt comes up to me. " I need you to tell Sienna that I'm going to have to postpone the meeting the two of us have with each other for an hour," I tell him, in a tone which leaves no room for an argument, and then I walk into my private quarters.

Slamming the door shut behind me, I try to take some deep breaths, though I find that no matter what I do, my chest continues to beat in my chest, faster than possibly be healthy. I set my katana on the bed, and then I sit on the floor and cross my legs. I begin to meditate, and then slowly, I enter the mindscape, and seek to find the one who I need to speak with presently.

As it has since I added him to my mind, the mindscape changes from a field where I go with Blake and (y/n), into a world on fire, a world in ruin, but one where the faunas have equality. I wait for a few more moments, and then Belial appears in front of me, cackling as he tends to. I stand my ground, and watch as his demonic figure gets closer and closer to me.

" Hello Adam" he says, his voice echoing through the mindscape, leaving me deafened for brief moments before hearing returns to me

" Hello Adam" he says, his voice echoing through the mindscape, leaving me deafened for brief moments before hearing returns to me. He stays a fair distance away from me, though his aura is overwhelming, and I can feel myself almost buckling under the pressure of it all, but I manage to stand my ground. He then tilts his head at me, curiously. " I sense that you're unhappy," Belial states. " Though, I can't imagine why. I have done exactly what I said I would. Give you the power to protect the ones closest to you."

" You made me kill my brother," I tell him with a glare, which makes him smirk with a little bit of amusement. " Is this funny to you?! He was the only family I had left after my mother and father died! I didn't want to lose him! I wanted to find him, and then bring him back with me. Him, me and Blake. The three of us were supposed to be the ones who fought for the peace of the world! And equality for the faunas! And then you killed him!"

Belial leers at me when I say this, and then he paces around me in a circle, which I have to admit unnerves me a good deal. " Ah. Your brother. The one who tried to steal Blake from you. The one who left you and left the White Fang. The one who turned his back on you. And faunas kind. All you have fought so hard for. Don't forget Adam that this group was formed in the first place due to the loss of your mother. If (y/n) left then he turned away from family," he says, in such a self assured voice that I find myself nodding without even realizing.

" I...I suppose you're right. But I didn't want to kill him. He may have turned his back on me, but I didn't want to do that. Not in front of Blake. Or in front of the rest of the White Fang. I don't want to kill anyone who doesn't need to die to make this work. That isn't what I want. It's not what I ever wanted Belial. I don't want..." I trail off for a moment, hesitating to show weakness in front of him. " I don't want Blake to leave like (y/n) did. I can't lose her too."

His gaze grows softer, more forgiving almost. " I understand Adam. I know what it's like to love and to lose. But more important than any of that is your dream. A world where faunas can go anywhere and not be judged for being who they are. A world you, (y/n) and Blake never got to see when you were children. And if they don't want that, then they're going to hold you back. And they're going to bring you down. If you want your dream to become a reality, then you might have to let go of old things. Let the past die."

I ponder on his words for a little bit, not having the time to decide if I agree or disagree with him. The entire time, he keeps his eyes trained on me. " You'll have plenty of time to decide Adam. I trust, and all of the White Fang trusts that you're going to back the right choice. All the faunas count on you to make the right choice. Now then. I believe you had a meeting with Sienna to attend to," he says.

Before I can say anything else to him, he fades from sight, and then I wake up from the mediation I had been in. Standing up, I then rub my temples and try to force the headache which was coming on away from myself. Taking some deep breaths, I ponder what Belial had said to me, and then I head out the door to find Sierra for our meeting.