Chapter 12

Blake Pov-

I sit in my room, and then I pace back and forth rapidly, my mind exploding with questions, and none of them seem to have easy answers. Despite that, I need to think and come up with solutions, and fast before it's too late. But every time I try and form a coherent thought, my mind returns to the image of (y/n) bleeding to death when Adam had cut his shoulder open, and then I shake in panic a little before I try to take deep breaths and focus again. The one thing I can say for certain is that no matter what happens, that image is always going to be in my mind, no matter what from this point forward.

(y/n) had been one of my best friends when he had been in the White Fang, along with Adam and with Illia. The four of us would have a lot of fun, hanging out with each other, and spending time with each other, and during fights, we would always have each other's backs, and be there for each other. When he had left the White Fang, of course I had been saddened and I had done the best I could to try and find him, if not to change his mind, then at least to get a chance to say a proper goodbye to him, which I didn't get the first time around, and now I'll never get one.

I knew Adam was mad with (y/n) for leaving without any explanation, but I didn't think he was that far gone. My parents had both warned me that Adam was changing, and that he was changing for the worse quickly, but I thought I could help him with what he was going through. I thought if I stayed for him when no one else did, then I would be able to bring him back to his old self. I thought I was going to be able to calm down his growing anger, and that things would go back to the way they had been before. I thought Adam would come back to being my boyfriend, but more importantly, my hero.

For some time, I had doubts about the path the White Fang had been headed down. I knew we were becoming more violent and quickly, and something about that had always given me a weird feeling in my gut, and I wanted to stop that when I could. But I never said anything, because I didn't want to disagree with Adam. I managed to push down a lot of those doubts, but I couldn't any longer. I wanted to badly to be the on the right side, to be doing the right thing. But I wasn't. Not anymore.

When my parents had left, I should have gone with them, back to Menagerie. Even if it had originally been a prison colony, it was still one of the safest places for faunas to go to. It could have been my home with them. Or when (y/n) left, I could have followed him wherever he went, and watched his back just like old times. Instead I had stayed. And in some way, all the murders which happened after that are on me. (y/n)'s blood is on my hands, and so is all the blood of people the White Fang ever killed, all the people Adam ever killed.

A part of my mind wants me to stay. It tells me that for someone like me, a faunas, and a former member of the White Fang there will be nowhere else for me to go. A part of me says that even if I do try and go to mom and dad, that they're angry with me for having chosen to stay with the White Fang for as long as I did. And another part of me doesn't want to leave Adam. I know the path he's on is wrong, but I can't shake the feeling it's not entirely his choice. I want to help him with his temper, with the second aura I sensed within his.

But more than any of that, I know I have to leave. I know that if I don't leave now, I'm never going to leave. Right now is my best chance. I have to go, and I have to do the right thing, even if it isn't the easy thing. And so, I stand up and then leave a note for Adam and Sienna, before I head to the mission I had been assigned to go on, to hijack a bullhead of humans who had wronged the faunas in some way or another. Before I leave, I tie a bow around my cat ears to hide them so I can blend in with the humans on my way to wherever it is I'm going.

Making my way to the bullhead in question, one or two White Fang members come to join me. I smile softly at them, and then stop walking. Both of them turn to look at me, wondering why I'm stopping. " Sorry about this," I tell the two of them sincerely, and then they narrow their eyes at me. Before they can ask what I'm sorry for, I kick the first in the knee, and then flip and kick him in the head, knocking him out. As the second goes for her gun, I wrap the cord of Gambol Shroud around her leg and spin her, and her head hits the ground and she passes out.

Before I go on, I check and confirm that both of them are still breathing and are going to be fine, and then let out a little sigh of relief. I then make my way to the bullhead, and then climb on, and to my surprise, no one else is there, except for the pilot. " You're a brave one," he says. " Most people are avoiding flights in this area because of White Fang reports. Guess you're the only one. So, where to?"

I think for a moment about his question. The realization I can never go back to the White Fang strikes me in full, and I'm left to think a little about his question, though I relax a little when I see his patient smile. " Beacon," I settle on eventually, and he nods, and begins the flight. I sit down, and think about how maybe, I can start doing the right thing for a change.