Chapter 7

-Adam Pov-

I sit in the couch of the house where Sienna had taken me and (y/n), and then I hold the ice pack to my eye, which was rapidly swelling. I wince in pain every so often, and from the eye which can still see, I see Sienna walk into the room with another ice pack, which she sets on the bruised knuckles of my right hand. She smiles softly at me, and then she sits down next to me. I look up at her, with confused eyes, and then she strokes my hair a little bit and then thinks a little. " What did I do wrong Sienna? Are you dissapointed in me?"

Sienna shakes her head, and then she crouches down so she can see into my eyes, and she keeps a supportive hand on my shoulders. " I'm not dissapointed in you. I could never be," she says, and then I let out a sigh of relief, and she plants a gentle kiss on my forehead to confirm this for me, and then I nod. " And I wasn't there. I only heard about what happened from Ghira and from (y/n). But I don't think that's the case, or not the full story. Adam, what happened," she asked.

I set down the ice pack from my eye so I can look at her, so she can see my eyes and tell I'm not lying to her. " I was with (y/n) and Blake at one of the rallies, so I could hand out fliers to try and make the humans understand we weren't using violence. And then one of the children grabbed Blake's ear and tried to tug on it. It looked like it really hurt her. (y/n) asked him to stop. And I made him. I punched him in the nose and then I beat him up. It was to protect her," I tell her. Sienna nods and then thinks, and I wonder nervously what she's going to say.

" Adam, what you did was right. In spirit. But I'm not sure it was the right thing for us to do at the time. The people in this town are going to think that the White Fang are violent now, which isn't what we wanted. We might have to leave this town, or we might be chased out. But Blake is safe. Someone you care about is safe. I think you did the right thing," she admits to me, after thinking about it, and then I smile brightly.

" I got really mad when he tried to hurt her. When he grabbed her ear, it looked really painful for her, like she was in a lot of pain. I'm lucky, and so is (y/n). Our horns don't hurt when someone grabs them. But her ears do," I say, wanting to explain myself a little bit more. " And (y/n) wouldn't do anything about it. She was crying because it hurt. I just wanted to protect her." Sienna nods when I say this, and then she ruffles my hair.

" It sounds like my son has a crush," she says a little teasingly, which makes me blush a little, and then I look down at my feet. " There's nothing wrong with that. Feelings are feelings, and you can't help them. I think I understand now. You got mad because someone was hurting the girl you cared about, the girl you have feelings for. That I can understand." She then thinks a little bit. " Why don't you go to her? She would appreciate seeing you right now. And then I can talk with Kali and Ghira about some things."

I nod and then stand up with her, and then I begin to walk with her to the Belladonna household, with a smile on my face. When I open the door, I see (y/n) massaging Blake's ears, and she meows and purrs happily as the pain goes away. Blake then looks up at me and then smiles. " Adam! I was just telling (y/n) how cool it was when you fought for me. You're my hero," she says, running into me and then hugging me. Blushing, I wrap my arms around her and hug back.

" I just wanted to help. You looked like you were being hurt. And so I wanted to make sure you were okay. I know I might have gotten a little carried away with it, but I wanted to do what I could to protect you. Sienna already talked to me about it, and I won't resort to violence like that," I promise, even though I feel a burning inside me which wants to hurt everyone who ever hurt her. " But I promise I'm not going to let that happen to you again Blake. I care about you too much to let that happen."

Blake nods, and smiles and she stays close to me, and I continue to hug her. It feels nice to have her here with me, and so I smile to myself when I hold her. " Thank you Adam. You're my hero," she says softly, and then I look at the couch and then I notice (y/n) isn't there anymore, but I shrug, figuring he's just with Kali or with Sienna right now. So, I sit down with Blake on the couch, and I continue to hug her with a smile, not wanting to let go.

" One day, I'm going to make things better," I promise her, and then she looks at me. " I'll be like a hero from one of your books, or I'll be someone who protects the people who don't get to protect themselves. You'll see it Blake. I'm going to protect you, and faunas everywhere. I'll stand up to anyone who would want to put us down, and we won't have to live in fear anymore." She nods at my words, and looks starstruck, which makes me blush a little, and then I smile at her still. " And I want you by my side when it happens," I tell her, and then she nods, and the two of us lace our hands together.

-Belial Pov-

As I enter Remnant, I pant heavily, barely having managed to reach here before Orb. As I enter the atmosphere, I can feel my powers weakening already, due to this not being the World of Light. I'm going to need a host to use. Looking around, I then find the right person to take over and carry out my mission. Adam Taurus.