Chapter 6

-Orb Pov-

I glance over my shoulders, and then I watch the rest of the Ultras drag of Belial into the prison cell in the Land of Light which is built just for him. I fold my arms and then watch a little bit, feigning disinterest in it, not caring one way or the other, though I do have my doubts and my reservations about the way this is being handled. The guards stop suddenly, and then I glance over to them. " What is it," I ask them. " No stops are authorized until the detention cell built for him. Keeping him endangers life for everyone all around us. They look at me sheepishly, not wanting to risk my anger.

" That's the thing," said Hikari a little sheepishly. " He was walking with us and not cooperating at all. And then all of a sudden, he just stopped and said he wanted to talk with you about something. We've tried to move in, but even with the restraints on him, he's still stronger than most of us are. He said that once he talks to you then he's going to be willing to move to the cell, and he gave his word that he's going to keep moving and not cause any trouble." The rest of the Ultras nod at this, and then I step closer to him.

" His word doesn't mean anything to me. Not anymore," I tell them, though I have to admit I am curious what he wanted to talk about, and the way he is now, he doesn't stand a chance against me. I beat him before and I can do it again. I give a gesture with my hand, and then the rest of them step away a little bit, leaving me with space to have a private conversation with my old comrade. " What do you want Belial?"

Belial looks up at me, with his same signature, damnable smirk on his face. Even with the wounds he's sustained, he still manages to maintain the aura of arrogance and control of the situation. He tilts his head to the side in his signature curious look, as if sizing me up, and then he chuckles a little. The chuckling turns into coughing, and he hacks up some blood onto the floor. Once he regains his breath, he looks at me again. " I win," Belial says, without a hint of irony or joking in his voice. I wait to see if he's going to burst into laughter, but instead he just waits to see what I'll say.

" You win? That's an odd way of phrasing things. You killed three of the best Ultras I know, went on a rampage. I kicked the crap out of you, and then I would have beaten you to death with an honest to God smile on my face had I not been dragged off you. If you call that a win, then maybe I beat on you harder than I thought," I tell him, which makes him chuckle, as if I missed the point completely.

" I got you to want to kill me. I'm sure you were there for it when the King gave us all the lectures about how we don't kill? How that's the thing which makes us so different from our enemies. I made you want to kill me. And for me, that's the real victory," says Belial, with no laughter, just a stunning calm in his voice. He then looks at me. " You want to ask me something? It's written all over your face. Well go ahead and ask me. I'm scheduled for death row. Go ahead and ask now while you still have the chance."

Rolling my eyes, I think of the question I did have for him, and then I shake my head. " You spoke with me. Now why don't you go along with them like you promised? I got first row seats to go and see your execution. See you around," I tell him, careful not to let anything indicate it doesn't sit well with me. I turn around and then watch long enough to see him being carried off by the others.

Sighing a little, I then fly off to clear my mind. The battle is over. Belial is to be killed and then peace will return to the Land of Light again. But I can't help but shake the feeling that something new is coming, and it's going to bring ruin to us all if I don't do something about it. Shaking my head and the thoughts away, I land and then try to think about something a little bit, though all my thoughts are shaken a little and they fail to form coherently. I can't shake my nervous thoughts, and so I begin to fly back to the jail cell to confirm something for myself.

When I get there, I look around when I see the bodies of dead Ultras all over the place, and then the ruins of a battle. " Damn it," I mutter to myself and then I land down in front of the jail cell, and then I look around. My worst fears are confirmed when I see that Belial isn't in it anymore, and then I look to see if there are any survivors from his jail break, and then I see Hikari, dying slowly from a stab wound. I run over to him and then pick him up. " What happened?"

" He was playing possum. I built the restraints to limit his power. But I tried to cut him off from them. There was an interval where he still had them, and then he attacked. He said to tell you that...he would never stop his plan. Never stop...he's headed to Remnant," Hikari said weakly, and then he coughed a little bit. " You have to stop him," he said weakly, and then the light leaves his eyes. I lay down his body gently, and then I stand up.

Remnant. I have no idea what Belial's plan is, but I'm not going to let it happen. I'm going to stop him, and I'm going to end this. I begin the long flight to Remnant, and then I think about what to do when I arrive, and then I think how when I get to Remnant, I'm going to need a host. As I enter the atmosphere, I think for a little and then begin to observe, and look around for someone to be my host.