Chapter 35

-Blake POV-

I smile when I sit on the bullhead, and then look out the window in my dorm as I try to think. Freeing the faunas felt good, and it felt like it was the right thing to do. Seeing those conditions in the mines were hard for me. Seeing so many faunas on the edge of starvation or death, seeing them with their brands, and with wounds or scars that would never heal. And we were able to free them all. There's a part of me that can't help but think that what we did there was what the White Fang should have been doing. We may have needed to do it with force but no one died. Everyone got to go home and there's something to be said for that, at least I think so.

I glance around the room my team and I had been staying in, and then I realize that I should get going soon. Jason is with us, and explaining some things to Weiss, and to Ruby and Yang, and I feel like an outsider. Even if I'm not listening into them, I feel like I shouldn't be here. It feels like by being here I'm intruding on an intimate reunion, and so I stand up to leave. They give me nods on my way out, and then I walk through the bullhead and find my way to (y/n)'s room, without even needing to think about it too much.

When I open the door, I see (y/n) fast asleep in the bed, which makes me smile. He's always been so cute when he sleeps, and so peaceful. I don't want to disturb him, so I close the door behind me and sit down in the hallway, and then begin to scroll through a book I had sampled, and then I feel someone come and sit next to me, and then I look over to see Weiss, and I smile kindly at her. " Shouldn't you be with your boyfriend," I ask her, playfully teasing her.

Weiss rolls her eyes at me and then rubs her arm. " I could ask you the same thing about (y/n)," she says, equally playfully and then she shakes her head a little. " He's explaining some family things to Ruby and Yang. I felt really awkward being there. I'm sure you felt the same when it was all of us." She then thinks for a little bit and doesn't know what to say.

The two of us sit in silence a little bit, and then I nod to myself and then I turn to her. " Weiss? Did you know about everything? With Belial? Ultraman and anything like that," I ask her. She shakes her head and frowns a little bit. " I don't know as much as I would like either. The one thing I do know is that I worry about (y/n). It seems like he found himself right in the middle of all this. And I know he's strong, but I can't help but worry he's in over his head a little bit."

" I feel the same about Jason. I feel like something is going to happen to him and that's the last thing I want," Weiss admits, and then she rubs her arms, and then turns to me. " Blake? I remember our first night in the dorm, when you talked for a little bit about how you and (y/n) had fallen away from each other a little bit. But it seems like the two of you were able to pick up where you left off. Do you think I'll be able to do the same with Jason?"

" I thought (y/n) had died. He was killed by someone in the White Fang for leaving," I admit, not feeling the need to lie to her, not after everything we've been through. Weiss nods like she suspected that, and doesn't say anything which makes me let out a sigh of relief. " So when I saw him, I was just happier than anything else that he was still alive. That always came first. With you and Jason, I think it should be the same way. He's back, and I'd focus on that first."

Weiss nods and smiles a little at me. " I don't regret a lot of things. Maybe how I treated faunas when I was younger, and how I treated you and the team when I met them, and I'm sorry about that. But the one thing I think I regret more than anything is never telling Jason how I felt when he and I were together. I always thought I would have one more day. One more chance. And then he was gone. Now that he's back, I'm going to tell him soon. Maybe for the dance. And I think you should do the same with (y/n.)"

I smile at her words, and then I nod at her. It feels nice, to feel like I can count on her. When I was a kid, I always wanted a sibling, and with Weiss, it feels like I have a little sister, and it makes me happy, and I make a note to include information about her in the letters I send home to mom and dad. " I didn't think I had any feelings for (y/n.) Until I thought he was gone, and it was too late to act on them. I don't want that to happen again," I tell her.

Jason then opens the door. " Hey Weiss? Come here snow angel," he says, with his arms open. Weiss giggled at this, and then walks over and hugs him tight. Smiling, I then stand up and then head back to the room where (y/n) is staying and then I go next to him in the bed, and lay down. I smile at his sleeping face, and then I snuggle into him. His arms wrap around me again, and this time, I stay there with him through the entire night. I just have this feeling everything will work out.