Chapter 20

-Your Pov-

You smile a little bit when you see the rest of your team working on setting up their side of the room, and making the dorm into their home, which it will be for the next four years. Of course, given that you ran from the White Fang, you don't have anything with you. Only a few changes of clothes, the book your mother had read to you when you had been children, and then the staff which you had brought with you. Unpacking had been easy to you. You didn't have, or need all that many things with you.

Glancing around the room, you smile a little when you see the things which your team has brought with them. It makes you smile to see Valora feeding Clover raw steak, as she unpacks her bow and arrow, and then also some camo gear and equipment for Clover, and for herself. It makes you smile to see Silver setting aside some of his expensive clothing, and his weapon, and it makes you smile to see Karma cleaning her katana, and then setting the equipment she has for her katana in the corner of the room. Seeing all of them just makes you smile. After fighting side by side with all of them, it's nice for you to be able to relax for a moment.

" I'm going to go and see the combat room," said Karma. " I have been told that Beacon has some of the best combat simulations in the entire world. I hope that is going to be the case. Otherwise, this is going to be most disappointing." Before you can even ask if she wants company, she leaves the room, leaving the three of you to go back to your unpacking, and sitting in a comfortable silence with each other.

Valora then holds out her hand, and then Clover lands on it, and she smiles at the two of you. " Clover and I are going to go and explore the academy. If you need us, you should have my scroll number. But, it would just be a safe bet that we went to the archery range," she says, and then she takes her crossbow and her arrows before going down to the range, leaving you with Silver in the room. Since you don't have all that much with you, you then go and begin to help Silver unpack everything, wanting to befriend your team as much as possible.

Silver looks at you before hesitating for a moment. " Thank you," he says, somewhat awkwardly, as if he isn't used to saying the words. You give him a kind smile in return, and then he gives an awkward smile of his own, as if he isn't used to that happening. He doesn't say anything for a little bit, which makes you shrug and then you go to sit back down on your bed. " I am going to see the area around the academy. I will return by Beacon curfew," he promises, and then he leaves.

Sighing, you then lay back in the bed. Closing your eyes a little, you then go into the mindscape. Orb stands up from his meditation and then he walks over to you. " Hello (y/n). I've been waiting to speak with you for a little," he says with a kind look. " I wanted to commend you. Your fighting today was incredible. Most of the time, hosts don't know how to fight on their own. I was most impressed. The two of us are going to be able to bond easily if that continues to be the case."

You nod and then smile at him. " I've been fighting all my life. For different things and for different reasons. But now, I'm happy to be able to have the chance to fight for everyone. For everyone in the world who needs help," you tell him, and then he goes somewhat silent, giving a wistful look to you, which makes you shrug. " Orb? You said that as our bond gets stronger we'll be able to stay transformed for longer? How do we strengthen our bond with each other? How does that work?"

" We took the first step today. In the past, Ultras and their host bonded for centuries. Warriors were chosen and they fought together before hosting one was possible. It's much the same. As I fought with Summer, I was able to sustain a transformation with her for three minutes. Because of my experience with a host, I will be able to bond with you easily. Right now, I believe the two of us could sustain a minute completely," he explains, and then you nod.

You then leave the mindscape, and then roll and grab the story book your mother used to read to you. It's odd for you to read it, knowing that mostly everything in it is a falsehood or at least highly exaggerated. But still, it's comforting for you to read, and it's comforting for you to think that one day you can be part of the legacy. You just wish you could have told your mother about this, and you wish she could see how far you've come. As you continue to read, your hear a knock on the door, and then you stand up and go to open it, figuring that it's just one of your team members, having forgotten their key.

When you open the door, your eyes widen when you see Blake in front of you. " Uh hi," you tell her, not knowing how to talk with her after everything which happened, and then some of the things which have happened since getting to Beacon. " Can I help you? It's good to see you. Uh, do you wanna come in?"

Blake looks at you. " I had a good talk with my team. My partner. And it made me realize that I shouldn't push you away. Not when I have the chance to meet with you, and be able to rekindle with you. Can we go somewhere to speak with each other? Somewhere private?"

Nodding, you smile, and then grab a jacket you do have, and then you drape it over yourself, and then gesture with your head for her to go first. She nods, and then walks and you follow her. And you can't help but smile to think you have a chance to become friends with her again.