Chapter 37

-Your POV-

With a groan, you wake up when the light comes in from your window on the bullhead and it starts to wake you up. Rubbing your forehead, you then look down and see Blake resting on your chest, which causes you to blush and smile at her. She's so cute when she sleeps, with a happy smile on her face, and she purrs and meows a little in her sleep. Thinking a little, you look over and you see the door is closed and so you undo her bow, revealing her cat ears. " So cute," You murmur to yourself as you begin to pet her with a smile.

Blake purrs and meows some more, and then she begins to wake up slowly, and she blushes as she realizes what's happening, and then she grabs your hand. " You're lucky it's just us," she says, somewhat embarrassed of her purring and meowing, since she hides her faunas traits much more than you do. " You're the only one who I let do that. You always have been." She smiles, and then rolls off your chest a little bit and then she sits up and glances out the window. " It looks like it's going to be a few hours before we land. There's something I wanna talk to you about."

Curiously, you glance over at her. " What is it," you ask curiously, and then you see Blake fidgeting a little bit, hesitating for a moment. You've never seen her like this before, she's always been so confident, and reserved, but she's never had a problem saying what's on her mind when it comes to her. This is a new side of her you've never seen, which makes you wonder a lot about what she has to tell you. " You know you can tell me anything right Blake?"

She lets out a sigh of relief, and then looks at you with an intense emotion that you can't place, but it flustered you a little bit, and you blush for some reason seeing her. " First, I want to thank you (y/n.) You've done so much for me over the years, and I don't know if I'll ever be able to pay you back for it. You've helped me become a better person," Blake says earnestly, and you find yourself blushing more and more at her kind words, and then you rub the back of your head.

" I've always wanted to help people, ever since I was a kid. So you and family helped me help people. There's an old saying my mother taught me. She always used to tell me ' If you can help one person, you can save the world.' Or something to that effect, but you get the point. You helped me, and in turn I got to help you and everyone around me. I got to meet and befriend you, I got to make friends with Karma, and Silver, and Valora, and to find you again. You don't need to pay me back. I'm the one in your debt," you tell her blushing.

Blake smiles a little bit, and then her ear twitches happily and then she nods at you and rubs the back of her head. " I've been talking to Weiss about this, about her feelings for Jason. About my feelings for you," she starts, with makes you blush at just the possibility of her having feelings for you, and you try to stutter a response together. Blake chuckles a little at your response, and then she looks at you. " I guess I'll start this then. Do you have feelings for me?"

" I do. A lot. When you me and Adam were kids, I liked you a lot. But it was sort of just s childish crush. When we were teenagers I really started to like you, and it became more serious feelings. But then you and Adam started dating, so I didn't want to make things awkward so I tried to hide them. When I saw you again when we made it to Beacon, I knew I really really liked you, and that sooner or later I would end up telling you," you admit to her, feeling better for her knowing. No matter what happens, at least you'll get some closure for your feelings.

" When we were kids, I was drawn to Adam like a moth to the flame. His intensity and his passion really made me attracted to him. I wanted to be with him. And it felt special that he was that passionate about me. But there was always a part of me which was attracted to you. Your pure need to help people, to do the right thing and to make things better for everyone. I was young, and the passion I had for Adam won over. And then he changed, and it broke my heart. But seeing you helped me heal."

The two of you sit there, blushing messes as you look at each other for some time, not knowing what to say or do. It feels like this moment could last forever, and it's so precious that neither of you want to risk doing anything which could ruin it at all. Both of you open and close your mouths a few times here and there, wondering what to do. " You really are like Summer," Orb says, which makes you jump. " Kiss her. It's not hard."

Nodding, you take a deep breath and then steel your nerves and then look at Blake. You then reach over and then cup her cheek, and an electric feeling goes through the two of you. Slowly, you begin to lean into her, like you've always wanted to, and she nods and closes her eyes, and leans into meet you. As your eyes close, your lips meet and the two of you begin to kiss each other. It's slow and awkward as she helps guiding you, helping you figure out how to kiss, and you hold her close to you, savoring every moment of your first kiss, and it's perfect. This moment, this kiss with Blake is perfect.