Chapter 44

-Your Pov-

You smile when you stand in the dorm with your team, all of them dressed for the dance tonight. It feels nice, and it feels peaceful. It's been a long road for all of you to get to this point. Between some simply unbearable classes, tests, quizzes, and of course the missions all of you have been on, relaxing and spending time with each other, getting ready for this dance has been nice, and it's been amazing to see all your friends so happy to go. Even Karma seems a little more at ease, and more excited about going to this dance, even if she doesn't show it. All of your team gets ready in their own way for the dance.

Silver has roses and chocolates to give to Pyrrha. He was the first one of you all to be dressed, in a suit which will match with the red dress you heard she was going to wear. He seems nervous about this, though you know he's been to dances and galas before, this is the first one he's been to with someone he actually wanted to go with, which would make anyone nervous. Every so often, he glances at his watch. When the time ends up being when he agreed to pick up Pyrrha, he gives all of you a smile. " I will see you all at the dance. And if not, enjoy yourselves," he says smiling, and then he goes to head down to the JNPR dorm.

Valora smiles happily as she checks her scroll. She feeds Clover one final time for the evening, and then she finishes adjusting her blue dress, which she bought to match with Jaune's suit. She glances at the door nervously every so often, and then when there's a knock on the door, she goes to open it, a nervous smile on her face. Jaune smiled and offers her the flowers he bought her, nearly fumbling them in the proccess, which makes both of them give a nervous chuckle and smile. The two of them lace hands with each other, somewhat awkwardly, before walking down to the dance. " See you,"Valora calls with a smile.

The next to arrive is Sun. He stands there nervously in a suit and tie, which he clearly has had no experience or time wearing, and he has no idea how to tie the tie. He gives Karma a smile, and then she sighs and steps closer to him. A blush appears on both of their faces as she ties his tie for him. " You're late," she tells him simply, though not meanly like it would have been before. More an observation about his habits. He apologizes for it, and then she laces their hands, and then walks down to the dance, smiling more than anyone is used to seeing for her.

Finally, you let out one final sigh of relief, and then fix your tie one more time, before looking yourself in the mirror. " You look good," Orb says, appearing next to you, and then you glance over and give him a smile. He returns one of his own, and then glances out around the mindscape. " Enjoy your evening (y/n). Truly, and your time with Blake. The two of you truly have earned it. But, be on your guard. I can feel something coming."

You nod, having the same feeling about it for reasons you can't truly explain, but it doesn't matter. Tonight seems to perfect for anything to bring you down. This is everything you wanted since you had been a little kid, to go to a dance with Blake as a couple, to spend time with her, and kiss her goodnight. This night seems perfect. All your friends are happy, and you get to go with Blake. It feels unreal, and yet it somehow is.

Smiling more at the thought, you then pick up the daisies you had gotten for Blake, knowing she would like them, they always had been her favorite flowers. Humming softly, you walk down the halls, and then make it to the door for Team RWBY. Giving it a knock, you smile when Blake opens the door for you, waiting in her black and purple dress. " You look handsome," she says with a smile.

" And you look beautiful. You always do. But right now, you look even more beautiful," you tell her awkwardly, still not used to the fact that you're with Blake Belladonna. You're dating her now, and that's still such a new feeling, which you doubt you're ever going to get used to entirely. Blake then kisses your cheek with a smile, which makes you blush even more. Lacing your hands with each other, the two of you begin to walk side by side to the dance with each other.

" I told my mom and dad the two of us are together now," Blake admits, and then you glance over at her curiously. " My mom loved the idea. She had always shipped us, ever since we were kids. And then my dad went into his protective mode, which was funny. Mom calmed him down int he end, and we were able to convince him that you're good for me. I was thinking maybe for some spring break, or some vacation, the two of us can go and visit them? It's been way too long since we've seen them, and since I've been home."

" Yeah. That would be nice. Getting to see Menagerie again would be a lot of fun, and it has been a long time since I got to see Kali and Ghira. I would enjoy that a good deal. And I also need to visit my mom and Dad's grave," you tell her, and then she nods with a slight smile. " I wish you had gotten to meet them. They were amazing people. They would have loved you."

A heavy silence falls over the two of you, and then she nods and gives a small smile. " I know they must have been an amazing couple. They raised you after all," she says smiling, which cheers you up again. " Well, here we are," she says. Smiling, you nod and the two of you walk into the dance, hand in hand with each other.