Chapter 21

-Blake Pov-

I walk without saying anything for a long time. I can tell (y/n) badly wants to say something, but I don't know who might be listening in, and so I keep walking without saying anything, even though there's a lot I want to say to him. There's so much I want to tell him about. Eventually, the two of us make it to a cafe, which is faunas friendly. When I came to Beacon, I did a lot of research about the area, and so I knew about the cafe and planned to come here from time to time. Some of the waiters give friendly smiles to us, and then I nod at them in return, and then I pull a chair for myself, and for him, and then I sit down.

He sits down across from me, and then a waiter comes over to us. " I'll pay for us," I tell him, and then he nods. It seems like the least I can do for him. I turn to the waiter, and then order two sweat teas for us. She nods, and then walks off writing down the order. I then turn back to (y/n) and then smile softly at him. " It's good to see you again," I admit to him.

" It's good to see you too Blake," he says with a gentle smile. I look at him, and then he smiles and chuckles a little. " I hope the two of us can become friends again. I missed you. When I ran from the White Fang, I really did miss you. And I missed Adam. I didn't know things would get that bad. If I knew things would get so bad, I might have stayed longer. I would have worked harder to make sure he didn't lose himself to his hatred. I would have tried to help things."

I nod a little at him, and then I look at him with a little bit of a smile. " I don't blame you. And I never have, and I never will. You were right to leave when you did. What we wanted the White Fang to be, what it was supposed to be has been gone for a long time. I clung to it for so long. I wanted to make things right, but I should have left before it was too late," I admit softly, and then I wipe my eyes. I didn't expect to cry talking about this. " I wanted to believe we were still the good guys."

(y/n) smiles at me in understanding, as our tea arrives. He waits for a moment for the waitress to head to another table, and he lightly sips his tea. " I know what you mean. It was hard for me to leave. The group formed because of my mother. I feel like I had an obligation to stay. And Adam is my brother. I didn't want to have to turn my back on him. I thought I could make things right if I stayed. But he has to be stopped. What the White Fang has become needs to be stopped," he says with a sad smile. It can't be easy for him to admit that.

The two of us sip our tea by ourselves for a moment, not saying anything, as the mood once again begins to grow heavy. I set down my tea after a moment, and then I look at him. " Maybe after everything, I'm off base asking for this. Out of line," I begin, and then he looks at me curiously. I take a deep breath. " I need to know how you survived. No half truths. No saying that you had someone looking out for you. I need an answer. Because before I left the White Fang, I felt a second aura within him. And I'm feeling the same thing from you right now. I need to know."

I see him go silent for a moment, as if he's thinking. I see him murmur to himself for a moment, and then he nods at me. " When I said that I had someone looking out for me, I meant it. But it wasn't Oum or some higher power. It was an Ultraman. From the stories we read. Orb to be specific. He's here to stop Belial, and I'm the host for Orb. And Adam is the host for Belial. That's how I survived. That's the second aura signature within the two of us," he says.

For a moment, I want to smack him for a moment, for lying to me. But he says it with such seriousness. (y/n) could be a joker from time to time, but I can just tell by the tone in his voice that he's serious. For another moment, I want to correct him, and say that in the books it was Zero, not Orb who stopped Belial. But the third part of me thinks than in an odd way, it all makes sense. At least, as much sense as everything else in the world makes right now. " I see," I say, not knowing what else to do.

(y/n) chuckles and finishes his tea, and then sets it down. " Believe me Blake, it's a lot to take in. But whether or not you believe me, it's true. I want you to believe me. I can't do this alone. I never could. Orb can't do it alone either. I want to do this with you by my side," he says, and then I nod. I know (y/n). This isn't a lie.

As confusing as all of this is, the one thing simple about it is that I have my friend back in my life. I remember to thank Yang for this, and for all she's done for me. It's good to have (y/n) back. I missed him so much when he left, and when I thought he had died, it shocked me, and it broke me in a way. But he's back now, and I never want to lose him again.

" Let's head back," I tell him with a smile. He nods, and then pushes in his chair, and then sets a tip on the table, which makes me smile. Even after all these years, he's still himself. He's still the same, kind person who I've always known, someone I can count on. The two of us walking side by side back to Beacon, and I know that things are going to be different this time. We're going to make them different.