Chapter 24

-Blake Pov-

I sit in the dorm, and then I read through my textbook with a small smile on my face. I go through the homework a little bit, not paying too much attention, though I am sure to find all of the right answers. Most of this I know already. Kali had me home schooled so I got to learn a lot, and I learned quickly. I wonder where the rest of my team is a little bit, though I know Ruby and Yang are out and about, and I think Weiss might have just gone to the library to study. It's nice to be able to have this time by myself. Even if I can see myself becoming friends with them, the silence which comes with their absence is also nice, and it helps me to be able to read and work faster, and without distraction.

As I think this, the door then opens, and Weiss storms in. I sigh a little when I see her, but to my surprise, she doesn't say anything. She just sits on the edge of the bed, and then begins to look at something on her scroll. I glance over to try and see what it is, but she shifts out of the way quickly. I shrug, figuring it's none of my business, so I go back to reading.

The two of us sit in silence for about half an hour, and then she storms over to the side of my bed, and then shoves her scroll in my face, which makes me raise an eyebrow curiously. " Can I help you with something," I ask her curiously. She nods rapidly, and then rewinds the video to about three hours in, and then I wonder what she's trying to show me. " Is this the initiation," I ask her curiously.

" I got permission from Headmaster Ozpin and Professor Goodwitch to watch the initiation so I could find things I need to improve myself, and come up with a training regimen. But then Is aw something interesting," Weiss explains, and I nod. She then unpauses the video, and I see (y/n) on screen, jumping as he's bathed in blue light, and then landing in the form of Ultraman Orb. " Explain this! I thought Ruby was lying when she said it happened, but it clearly did happen. And you know him. What is this?!"

I bite my lip for a moment, and then I remember what (y/n) had told me, about how this needs to remain a secret. " It must just be his Semblance. Some people have Semblances which change their appearance. They are rare to be sure, but he seems to have one," I tell her, keeping my calm demeanor. She then looks at me hesitantly, as if trying to see if I know anything more just by reading my passive face. " Why does it bother you so much? Is it because he was able to match you without needing it?"

Weiss then shakes her head, and then sighs, so I can tell that's some of it. " It can't be his Semblance. I don't care who or what you are, but no one can just become that strong. No one can throw about Mammoths like that, and no one would be able to do half of the things he did. I've never seen anything like this before, and I want to know what it is. If you know anything, I will find out," she says accusingly, and so I roll my eyes and then set down the book and then I look at her.

" I don't know anything," I lie again. We look at each other for a little bit, and then neither of us say anything. " I can ask (y/n) about it if you want me to. If you want to find this out, because we're on the same team, I'm going to help you with it," I tell her, wanting to know more about it myself, but also not wanting trouble with my friends and with my team. " But if you are, then I'm going to need the actual reason you want to find this all out. You can't lie to me about this, if you want me to be honest with you."

She sighs a little bit, and then thinks before nodding. " There was someone important to me. Who could do the same thing as (y/n). But he left one day. I never got to see him since then. But he could transform like that. He didn't take the form (y/n) did. But it was the same thing no doubt. When Ruby said something happened, I thought it was him at first. And then it was (y/n). I denied it because I was so let down," Weiss explains.

I look at her with sympathy in my eyes. I didn't expect that to be the case with her. I want to tell her I know what she's going through, because (y/n) left me once. But I don't know how to say it without revealing everything about me being a faunas, and then also the White Fang. But, I also find myself realizing that it sounds like Weiss is talking about someone she was romantically involved with. Which (y/n) and I never were. But still. I was getting sidetracked. Why does it matter if (y/n) and I were never romantically involved. Could we be?

Shaking myself out of the thoughts, I then look at Weiss. " I'm sorry to hear that," I tell her sincerely, and then she sighs again. I think about it for a little bit. " I don't think (y/n) is related to whoever it is you're talking about. But there is a chance of that. Weiss? For when I ask (y/n) about it, who are you talking about?"

Weiss hesitates for a moment, and then bites her lip, debating on if she should tell me, and I wait for her to come to a decision about it, and then she nods. I notice the door creaking open a little, but Weiss doesn't. " The man I'm talking about...the man who could transform like (y/n) can is Jason Branwen."

Just then, the door opens, and Ruby and Yang clearly heard the last part of the conversation. " How do you know my big brother," asks Ruby seriously, and Weiss looks at her confused. I'm left to sit there, and wonder how any of this is possible. There seems to be much more to this story then I thought, and I need some answers, maybe just as much as they need them