Chapter 13

-Your Pov-

You sit on the bullhead, and then look around at some of the other students who are going to be coming to Beacon with you. Some of them you do know, such as Pyrrha Nikos, one of the most renowned fighters in the world, and others are a total mysteries to you, which is to be expected. Other than the White Fang, and even in the White Fang, you never had friends outside of Adam and Blake, though where you stand with the two of them right now is a little up in the air. One of them tried to kill you, and the other seems to have been firmly on his side still. Shrugging, you continue to look around the bullhead, just to kill a little bit of time.

One thing you do notice is the amount of faunas attending the academy, which does make you smile a little. It's nice to know you won't be one of the only ones, and it's nice to know that some of them seem to be okay with exposing their faunas traits to the world, like a dove faunas you see, and then a rabbit faunas. A soft smile is on your face, when you think about how this means you could have come here with Blake and Adam, and how you could have made a real difference in the world this way, and not through violence like in the White Fang.

Sighing at this thought, you hear an update from the pilot who says that it's going to be a few more hours before the bullhead lands, and so you sit down and close your eyes. Tuning out the conversations you hear all around, you gather your focus and then enter the mindscape, and like before it ends up being the field of flowers. A little bit of time passes, and then Orb descends with his arms folded as he looks at you. " Hello (y/n). How may I be of assistance to you?"

You smile a little bit at him, and then sit down and relax. " I guess I just wanted to talk to you to pass the time a little bit if that's okay? I have a lot of questions I still need to be answered, and I'm also bored," you admit to him, which causes Orb to chuckle a little bit, and then he nods before sitting down and joining you.  "You suggested Beacon Academy. Is there a reason for that in particular?"

" I have had hosts on Remnant before you. When Remnant experiences times of great crisis, Ultramen may be allowed to it to help warriors of it's time. One of the finest hosts I ever had, a woman named Summer Rose was my host of the time. I suppose I may be a little sentimental, but she always spoke highly of the academy, and I figured it would be the best choice for you. They do the least thorough background check, and they are the most faunas friendly," Orb explained, and you nodded.

The two of you kept talking and passing the time with each other, and then you feel the ship land eventually. Exiting the mindscape, you then stand up and stretch out as the doors to the airship finally open. Smiling, you then walk out and take a look at what's going to be your home for the next four years. " It's beautiful," you find yourself saying out loud, and then Orb nods to you, still bonded to you. Waiting a little, you let the rest of the students file out of the ship first, and then you take your first steps out. It feels nice to be here, comforting to be here in fact. For some reason you can't explain, it feels like coming home, even if you have never been here before.

You begin walking through the area just to be able to explore, and to kill a little bit of time, when you hear an explosion after taking the first few steps. Sighing a little bit, you look over to see what happened, and then your eyes widen when you see a cloud of dust settle down to reveal a girl with silver eyes, being yelled at by Weiss Schnee. Socially isolated as you were, any faunas would be able to recognize her, or any faunas on sight.

As you see her, memories of the time you and Adam had been taken in by the SDC, only to narrowly escape flood your mind. You remembered having seen Weiss back then, though only briefly. She seems to be different from the rest of the Schnees, but right now, the fact that she's yelling at a girl who already apologized several times makes you a little bit irritated. And so, you begin walking over, but before you have a chance to, you hear a voice you would recognize anywhere.

" It's heiress actually. Weiss Schnee. Heiress to the Schnee Dust Company. The largest producer of Dust in the entire world," says the voice, and you look over and then manage to confirm that it is Blake. Weiss opens her mouth to say something, no doubt something about how it's good to be recognized, but you smirk when you see the look on Blake's face, because you know it means she's going to turn this around. " The same company also known for their...controversial faunas labor."

Blake then walks off without another word, leaving Weiss to try and come up with a response. You sigh in your relief when you realize you're not going to have to do anything else, and then you realize that it was Blake, and it sets in with you sprinting over to find her. Once you make it behind her, you call out for her. " Wait. Blake," you say. You see her stop, and then turns around, with her eyes widening when she sees you.

" (y/n)?! I thought you were dead! I..." Her voice trails off, and then you open your arm for a hug. She nods and then runs into your arms, holding you tightly. Smiling, you wrap your arms around her, and hold her close to you, not wanting to let go this time.