Brnyjolf x Reader ~Masks Undone~

He paced the bridge, back and forth, back and forth, face hard set and eyes grim. The dark lighting did little to illuminate the handsome features he had, though his crimson hair had always done wonders when he pursued lovers.

You, however, were not a one night stand, even if neither of you had told anyone. In fact, you were a very significant person to him.

Near ring-bearing person, at this point.

Either way, Mercer and you were late.

By days.

He was going to have Mercer's head if you came back hurt or worse (dare he think about it), him being the Guildmaster or not. He hadn't seen you for a week and a half now.

10 days. Ten. You'd said you'd come back in 4 at the latest.

Dirge shook his head with a sigh while the Thieves Guild members sitting at some of the tables nearby quietly gossiped, partially worried about Brynjolf's behavior and partially wondering your whereabouts themselves.

Delvin took a long swig of his ale, kicking his feet on the wooden table in front of him with a grunt. "Bryn," he called, "you have the shits or somethin'? Give it a break, will ya? Haven't slept for days because of that girl."

The red-head didn't stop pacing as he responded within seconds, "Delvin, me and the lass weren't just a fling. We agreed to that. I'm about ready to tear Mercer to pieces at this point."

"Sure seems like it. Delvin, you owe me 30," Tonilia muttered, thwapping Delvin's feet off the table as the bald man rolled his eyes.

"Fine."

Sapphire, who was a good friend of yours, fiddled with her thumbs nervously, hanging over a stone wall. "I don't think-"

A slam of a door opening from the Ratway entrance cut the young woman off, Guildmaster Frey walking in moments later.

No one accompanied him. Dried blood splattered his armor, and his sword sheath was stained dark red.

There wasn't a soul who dared speak as the second in command stiffened, fists clenching in raw fury. Vex was breathing hard, jaw clenched, and Sapphire looked ready to burst out in tears.

"You have 10 seconds to explain, Mercer," Brynjolf hissed.

Mercer closed the Ratway door, scowling. Did he even realize he let one of the most loved individuals in the guild die?

"She's dead," he shrugged. "Shouldn't have gotten attached in the first place."

"Mercer Frey, I hope to the gods you didn't let her die," Vex snarled. "Otherwise my uniforms going into the pond."

"You don't-" Delvin started, only to be cut off by Sapphire's choked cry as she slammed herself to the brick floor, hands buried in her hair and head tucked between her legs as she started to weep.

Vekel shook his head, face embedded with frustration, "The fuck were you thinking, Mercer?"

"Karliah shot an arrow into her throat," the man answered. "Not my fault she got herself killed, and let Karliah get away.

"Why is there blood on you, then, if there wasn't a skirmish?" Brynjolf snarled.

"There was-"

"Draugr don't bleed," the Nord hissed, "However, ____ does."

Mercer jeered, "Are you insinuating I killed her then?"

"No, I'm saying you murdered one of our own. How about we check the vault, too? See if her speculations were right now that she's has been taken care of? You know, she told me about that."

The Breton visibly hardened, while the guild members froze.

"You are as insane as her, I see."

"You bastard!"

Swords quickly were drawn out of their sheaths, and before anyone could even realize what was happening, Mercer and Brynjolf were trying to murder each other, exchanging blows like feral cats as they sliced.

"Stop!" Delvin yelled, slamming a hand on the table, "Have you lost your minds?!"

Brynjolf narrowly missed a blade to the gut, in turn piercing Mercer's arm with a lucky strike. The man hissed out a curse, landing a deep hit to the red-heads side before another fury of blocking broke out again.

"Bryn!" Vekel barked, whereas Tonilia stormed out of her chair.

"Both of you imbeciles better cut this out before I force you to," she warned vehemently, approaching with long, haste strides as she crossed the threshold of the bridge.

Mercer slammed the hit of his blade into Brynjolf's back after a flurry of movement, having his sword on the redhead's neck as the Nord wheezed on the ground.

"Mercer," Tonilia seethed, "don't you dare."

"And if I do?" he taunted, a sickening smirk crawling on his lips.

Vex slapped a hand over her mouth, eyes trained on the Ratway door that just opened once more. Delvin sucked in a breath.

There was an anticipating silence, tensions rising as Tonilia refused to let her eyes flicker to the blurred figure raising a crossbow behind the man.

"Well, Tonilia?" Mercer ridiculed, awfully smug for one about to be dead.

"I kill you either way," you announce, pressing your finger on the trigger, Mercer Frey's body collapsing to the ground seconds later. "Bitch."

"Lass?"

"Hi, dear."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Short, but it's a chapter. Always take some pleasure in murdering Mercer.

I like the way 'murdering Mercer' sounds, and he was a twat.

Flippin' Mercer.

This was a request from @Kay_Brookestone (yassssss)

Thank you for the idea! I added some so it was a bit longer, hope you don't mind 😊

Anyway, any more requests?

(Ps- don't be afraid to request more than one thing, or more than once. It's toats cool!)

Dani out,

Adieu!