Ancano x Reader(Female) ~A Man Of Sheer Kindness(2)~

It was early dawn when Ancano woke, arms wrapped around a total of three different beings.

First, his lovely wife, looking as peaceful in her sleep as she always did, snuggling with a happy three-year-old daughter who was thankfully still asleep and not bouncing around and causing complete chaos. After those two, he noticed rather fondly his son at a staggering 5 years old had stuffed himself between Leva and himself sometime in the middle of the night and was currently drooling on his chest. Torren, Torren, Torren, always refusing to sleep in his own bed but being so independent during the day.

Well, at least it wasn't like last week, where both him and you had woke to Torren throwing up in the corner of the room, crying hysterically. Ancano had let you handle that one while he shushed the youngest back to sleep. For some damn reason, both of his children refused to sleep in their own beds in their own rooms, so there had been an agreed age limit of 6 when they got kicked to their own beds because you and him were so tired of being kicked constantly while trying to rest.

With a sigh, Ancano realized he had to start classes in a few hours, and gently nudged Torren off his chest, wiping the drool on the blanket which he would have to wash during his lunch. He carefully got to his feet, stretched for a few moments, then headed to the connected bathroom to wash up for the day. Being you were the official Guildmaster after Savos decided he could trust Ancano had actually ditched the Thalmor for you, there were a total of four rooms connected to the main one. Two were bedrooms, two were bathrooms.

On a different note, after the birth of his son and then his daughter, Ancano very quickly learned that you were the parent to look to when the kids were young. He knew he was good with teenagers, but toddlers often ran on his patience or generally freaked him out sometimes. You were good with all ages (bless that fact- you knew how to deal with everything child-related) but according to you, toddlerhood was the least painful of all the ages but most expensive. 

He just nodded and did laundry at this point and took over watching shifts when you had classes you need to teach. Being a father was hard, but being a mother looked like the Oblivion Crisis simplified and with very small daedra, and yet you still somehow had so much patience.

With himself, some days were better than others, but he was starting to ease into the role finally. He wasn't as short-tempered anymore and Ancano was proud of himself because of it. He still, however, had a large ego, and that wasn't going away anytime quick. 

Not yet, at least.

"Ancano, I'd advise you to be quick," came a soft murmur from the double bed, and he glanced back, meeting your eyes in the dim lighting and nodding before walking off to the main bathroom and closing the door.

"Where's daddy?" the soft murmur of Leva echoed in the room, and you chuckled quietly, pecking her forehead.

"He's in the bathroom."

"No," she grumbled. "Out."

"He needs to get clean, Leafy. You have to wait," you smiled, raising a brow at her huff. Torren lifted up his head wearily, blinking tiredly before smacking his face back to the bed. 

Yep. About right.

A few minutes passed in relative ease. Torren started to wake up while Leva continued to chat, Ancano coming out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his hips. He rummaged around for clothing, then slipped back into the bathroom and quickly came back out, fully dressed.

He sat on the edge of the bed, watching Leva bounce up and roll over to him, completely squishing her brother but not caring in the slightest and sprawling out on his lap.

You laughed, crawling out from the covers to get ready yourself while Ancano distracted the kids and grabbed some clothing before Torren let out a screech.

"Mom, where's my deer?" he yelped, shooting up and searching frantically. You turned your head but rolled your eyes.

"On the floor," you answered, shuffling into the bathroom.

"Wait! Bath!" Leva gasped, "Mommy, bath!"

You sent a look to Ancano, and he quickly explained to the girl that she could have one after mom had one. Torren grumbled in the background as he plopped to the floor and picked up the wooden deer that he himself carved under the very careful surveillance of his father. Somehow, he hadn't cut himself, and it actually looked like a deer.

Of course, Ancano did help with a lot of it, but that didn't mean Torren didn't have opportunities to mess it up.

Dramatically, the son crawled back onto the bed and tackled Ancano's back, not doing anything but earn a quiet grunt from the Altmer.

Kids.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ok this chapter was iffy for me but whatever

+++++Q/A TIME+++++
WHAT QUESTIONS DO YA'LL HAVE?
DO TELL

love yall

dani out

Adieu!