Marcurio x Reader(Female) ~Woman of Scars(2)~

His fingertips brushed against your back, feeling the normal healthy tissue and the scarred, white and pink skin. You were only in a pair of trousers, no breast band or anything and the Imperial didn't seem to care as he was only in his breeches himself.

After that first ruin you both went to and the events that occurred during it, there was little shame between the both of you with your bodies.

You crossed your legs, glancing back to Marcurio as he continued to examine each and every scar, from the nicks and small scrapes to the huge back-covering whip marks.

His eyes flickered to yours, his hair tied behind his head being you both were about ready to go to sleep. 

"You really are exquisite," he murmured.

You smiled softly- a tired kind of playful. "You think so?"

The man nodded, his arms coming to wrap around your waist and his chest touching your back. "Beautiful."

Leaning into his warming touch, you scooted onto his lap more comfortably and cuddled into him. A quiet chuckle left his mouth, a smile flickering across his face as he watched you nuzzle into the crook of his neck and close your eyes.

He rubbed a hand along your bare arm, moving his arms from their previous position around your waist.

"Have I ever told you that you smell amazing?" you spoke sleepily, eyes flickering open briefly to meet his.

Marcurio raised a brow. "I don't believe so."

"You remind me of home," you explain quietly, "of the trees and water. Of freshly washed clothes and apples."

"You must really be tired, ____," he snorted, "talking about what you think is rarer than diamonds in a beggar's pocket."

You rolled your eyes. 

"You look ready to pass out, though," the mage grinned softly.

There was a hum from your throat as you dug your face back into his neck, taking a large breath in before letting your eyes shut once more and body go slack.

He moved his arms, wrapping you up in a ball and carefully standing to carry to your bedroll not too far away. Gently laying you on it, he watched as you instantly slipped between the furs, body covered now with the warm of the pelts.

Your breathing evened out after a few minutes of him setting up his own bedroll, the glance he'd given you a bit longer than he intended.

He wondered what you hid under those eyes- the reasons behind those scars. The ones from dragons he knew, but the rest, he had no idea. The whip marks concerned him and he found himself often times pondering just what had happened to you to get those marks and get that type of treatment.

Marcurio shook it off, thoughts veering off from the fact he needed to sleep.

And so, he crawled into his own sleeping bag, staring up at the stone ceiling above him for a while before finally letting his eyes close.

Yet, no sleep came to him.

He tossed and turned all night long, constantly feeling like something was off deep to his core. Not for the life of him could he figure out why the incessant feeling weighed on his shoulders.

That was until he finally succumbed to the need for light and casted a magelight spell, only to see your curled up form, tears dripping down your face as you silently murmured something. You trembled, though from his own body temperature, he doubted it was from the cold.

Quickly he scrambled out of his bedroll, padding over to your side where he knelt and debated on the best course of action, the sheen of sweat sticking hair to your forehead.

"____," he murmured, frowning.

No response, but the outline of your legs jostled as your face clenched in literal pain.

"____, come on," the man tried again, voice echoing in the cave as he inched a hand forward.

His hand made contact with your bare shoulder and in seconds your hand slipped from under the bedroll to grasp his wrist tightly, inhaling sharply.

You were still stuck in what he assumed was a night terror as you moved his hand to your own, lacing your fingers between his as you applied pressure to the muscles.

Unsurprisingly, your grip was nearly bone-breaking, but with how terrified you looked he couldn't bear to try to unclasp your hand.

All the while holding your hand, he laid down on the stone beside you, getting close to your bedroll.

There was a murmured yelp from you. He used his free hand to shake you lightly, frown deepening.

"____."

No response but quickening breaths.

"Come on," he muttered.

Nothing.

"____!" he barked, to which your eyes flew open wide, meeting his as you regained your breathing, swallowing thickly.

"You alright?" he questioned, voice much lower than before.

You forced a nod.

"Y-Yeah, just a bit of a nightmare," you murmured stiffly.

He gave you a glare. "Cowshit."

"I don't-"

"Cowshit. You tell me right now."

You shook your head, scowling. "No."

"Fine," he hissed, "be that way."

You flipped yourself around. "Bring your bedroll over here. I'm lonely."

"Of course you are," he snarked.

"Oi!"

He snickered.

~~~~~~~~~

ANNOUNCEMENT! IMPORTANT!

I AM OPENING A BOOK FOR SEPARATE SMUT REQUESTS, HOWEVER, PLEASE NOTE NO ACTUAL SMUT WILL BE PUBLISHED IN THIS BOOK!

YOU CAN REQUEST FOR SMUT HERE IN THE REQUEST BOOK OR IN THE NEW SMUT BOOK (IT WILL BE UP IN APPROXIMATELY 3 DAYS) OR MESSAGE ME. IT WILL FOLLOW MY SCHEDULE, AND THAT DEPENDS ON THE REQUESTS I GET.

SO, IF I HAVE AN OVERFLUX OF NORMAL REQUESTS AND A SMUT REQUEST, I DO THE REQUESTS IN ORDER OF WHICH THEY WERE COMMENTED AS THEY ARE ALL REQUESTS REGARDLESS. THANK YOU FOR READING!

~~~~~~~~~~~

Alright y'all! We're doing this!

How are feelings on this?

Either way, there will be absolutely no full smut on this book and only on the new book dedicated to it. 3 days (or more like 4 haha) and the first chapter of it will be published.

Now,

Dani out,

-Adieu!