Farkas x Reader(Female) ~Usherings (2)~

A hum left your lips, eyes tracking along the page of your book with tranquility not usually to be expected of you; a woman always hustling, always working, always doing something.

The steady heartbeat of Farkas thudded lightly behind you, his head rested on your chin and warmth surrounding you as you laid curled in his lap. If it couldn't get any better, a warm fur was draped around you, creating a comfy and comfortable environment while your lover got in a bit of sleep and you got in some reading.

For a werewolf, Farkas always seemed to be tamer, less rowdy. Lydia had her hands full trying to keep Vilkas in check, but they were both doing well.

If you can recall correctly, in about an hour, Vilkas would be giving her a ring 'round her finger, and you would be telling Farkas a little secret when he woke.

How long had you hidden it- nearly three months now? Gods above, it seemed like yesterday you both had finally started a relationship.

There was never anything to be sad about when Farkas was around, he always found a way to cheer you up, no matter the situation.

Gods, how did you even live without him in the first place?

He truly did mean everything to you, as scary as the thought sounds from your many years of independence. It didn't even feel like a relationship, it just felt good, like a comforting home to go home to at the end of a day. He was your home.

And well, you didn't mind it. Farkas was the most supported person you'd ever met, and the fact that he was willing to stick around with you... it meant so much to you.

There was a small rustle from the body beneath you, and realizing you weren't even reading your book anymore, you closed it, looking up to Farkas now barely awake.

"Hi," he rumbled quietly, a small smile glimmering on his face.

You laid your head against his chest. "Sleep well?"

He nodded. "Of course."

You raised your head once more, giving a peck to his cheek before standing. You wobbled a bit, trying to wake your tingling limbs back up, and in that time he was standing beside you with the fur deposited back on the couch.

He paused.

"Uh... ____?" he questioned.

You glanced behind you. "Yes?"

He blinked multiple times, then shook his head. "Nevermind."

You stifled a laugh. Farkas, as easy going as he was, never seemed to be caught off guard, and the fact he was brushing the change of scent off from you like it was nothing was almost impressive.

Turning around, you let out a soft smile. He returned it in kind.

You took his hand. "I have something I'd like to tell you."

He huffed, "It's not going to be one of those things where you keep saying that and never explain?"

You shook your head, laughing. "No, no, this is rather important. See..."

The overly dramatic pause made Farkas grumble under his breath.

"You're doing it again."

"I know, I know."

Another pause.

He groaned. "Tell me it's not something bad."

"Unless you suddenly don't like children, it shouldn't be."

The shock that flooded his face- oh, gods, you couldn't even begin to describe how simply lovable it was.

"You're kidding," he mumbled.

A huff. "Now, I haven't even told you my secret!"

He gave an incredulous look.

"I'm pregnant!" you giggled.

"Hold on, hold on, how long has this been a thing?" he asked.

"3 months."

Farkas looked like he was about ready to pass out either from pure joy or anxiety. "____, I don't know how to parent!" he yelped.

"I don't know either, so, uh," you clapped, "we'll figure it out."

"Do we have to buy things? For this child?"

You gave him a stare. "She ain't sleeping on the floor."

"Oh, so you're deciding it's a she?" he sassed.

"Damn right!"

"Then I will politely disagree," he huffed.

"But I-"

"-want to paint everything pretty colors? That's fine. However, you, little one, from now on are on a budget. I love you, but we still need to eat."

You growled. "That is not-"

"Please?"

You recoiled.

A scowl.

"Fine," you muttered. He grinned.

"You plan all that, and I'll get the wedding."

Your eyes shot open. "What?"

He raised a brow. "I'll get the wedding," he repeated.

You blinked.

"Really?" you questioned.

He nodded.

A loud squeal came from your mouth. "I love you!"

Farkas hummed, "I love you too, little one."

"I suppose I'll let you help pick out stuff, too. If you want to," you rushed.

He smiled. "You aren't doing this alone."

"I'd go, like, insane if I were," you added, before yelping in excitement. "Oooh! We have to tell everyone else!"

He chuckled. "Kodlak will be literally at his wits in a few months- he does love children."

"I can't imagine Lydia will want to be left out, either," you note.

"And my brother will get all sorts of bent out of shape," Farkas agreed.

"See," came your little snicker, "we're the better ones."

"Of course we are. Those two are so competitive it's like half the time they're arguing over nothing."

"I know, right? The only thing we ever get mad about is food!" you exclaim.

"Like how you constantly steal mine," he grumbled.

"Well, it's not my fault that everything looks better on your plate," you defend.

"And yet it's still the same food on your plate," he huffed.

"Okay, we're doing it again," you inhaled.

"Food is such a sacred thing," Farkas stated.

"Yes," you agreed, "it really is."

~~~~~~~~~~~

Hehe.

All the things brewin'.

Requests?

reeet short author's note today

Dani out,

Adieu!