Farkas x Reader (Female) ~The Cairn(3)~

You had gotten rumors that something had gone down the night you went out to get plastered with Lydia. Everyone at Jorrvaskr refused to tell you.

And so, here you were, giving puppy dog eyes to Kodlak at an extent you rarely expressed, and it seemed he couldn't help but to tell you.

The elderly man shifted in his chair, sighing. Your head pounded with a nasty hangover but you were stubborn about this. Something important happened, something between the twins, and you needed to know what.

"Farkas stood up to Vilkas for once," the Harbinger explained. You recoiled in surprise as he continued. "Told him to get out of his business and got strong enough into it that Vilkas didn't know how to react. Farkas, as you know, has always just taken things from his brother, but ever since that mission, he's been pretty different. In a good way, too. I'm glad he's not letting his brother do that anymore."

You blinked. "Is he... Is he temperamental or something?"

"It seemed like it, but I think it was a snapping point. After you got bit by his wolf, he isn't taking to being insulted anymore. It makes sense."

"Because his beast thinks of me as a mate," you answered.

A sheepish nod. "I would assume so, but he has been making it up to you."

"How?"

"You haven't looked at your bed yet? Your bag? Your nightstand?" the man quirked a brow. "I think he's assumed you're mad at him."

"I'll check it out, but I'm not mad at him," your hand brushed across the bandages around your neck and shoulders lightly. "He's a good person and fun to be around."

"His beast has never gotten ahold of him before," Kodlak pointed out.

"I'm just that special," you grunted. "A drunk and a rookie."

"You don't drink as much as Torvar, you're not a drunk. And after this, you're not a rookie."

You stiffened. "I suppose I owe him an apology."

"I'm not your father," the man chuckled at your disagreeing look, "but if I was, I'd tell you to do just that. Gods know he's been dying to apologize to you."

"Well," you sighed, standing, "thank you for this input, oh wise master of warriors, I will need it."

Kodlak scoffed as you walked off with a light wave, heading to the whelp's room with a slightly more upbeat pep in your walk.

True to Kodlak's recommendations, your nightstand was completely cleaned off, your bed was made, and a new map rested atop your bag along with a note.

You picked up the note and map, unfolding the map with childlike awe, deciding to read the note seconds later.

Here's a new map- I can barely believe you can even use your other one.

-Farkas

A soft smile grew on your face as your eyes drifted back to the map, finding the small symbols of caves and mines scattered about all over the place. Most of them you'd never even heard of, and the ones you had, you didn't know where they were and could never find them.

Damn, Farkas was smarter than he looked to be. You had material for running off for weeks, months, even, now because of his gift.

Folding it closed the same way it had been previously before you disturbed it, you slipped it into your travel bag and walked out into the main hallway, making a beeline for Farkas's room.

You knocked twice on his door.

"Yeah?" came the muffled question, an invitation to come in. You twisted the knob and opened the door, meeting eyes with a surprisingly underdressed Farkas (and consequently, this said outfit made your stomach flip twice over).

A tunic, light and unbuttoned partially, revealed his chest and brown trousers hung about his waist as he blinked a few times, a nervous smile moving onto his face after a while.

"Hey, ____," he greeted quietly.

You closed the door behind you and moved to sit beside him on the bed as he discarded the book he had been rummaging through, coming closer than you normally would.

"Thank you," you hummed. "I'm sorry I freaked out."

"I mean, I literally bit you," Farkas murmured.

"But you didn't kill me or rape me," you pointed out.

"I would never..."

"Exactly!" you pecked his cheek, a bold move. "And if your little wolf wants to play dirty, two can play that way."

Oh, poor, poor Farkas.

The instant your lips had touched him and those words went into his ears his beast was howling.

You continued to lean on him with a bright smile. "Anyway, I'm used to the idea now. A good few drinks is enough to calm me."

"Really?" he questioned.

"Really," you grinned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry it's short!

Thanks for the requests for a part 3!

Part 4?

Other requests?

Hopefully, I'll get a smut chapter up tomorrow!

Dani out,

Adieu!